Bear meat

MyKey

horrible- shot a big one 3 years ago with the bow and gave it all away. i have heard one person say they liked it, but not me. i made stews, steaks and sausage and it was all the worst food i have ever tasted. this is part of the reason that i never will shoot another bear. mine was 430lbs and maybe that made it taste bad since it was older but i would rather eat a german shepard and i love dogs. horrible meat. would rather eat road killed raccoon on a hot july day then eat one more bite of bear meat.

Here's a great bear recipe to try.

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

Take your cut of bear meat.

Wrap it around a 2X4 with wire or other means to hold onto the 2X4.

Bake for 2 hours, occasionally basting it with beef bulloun.

Take the meat and the 2X4 out of the oven and remove the meat.

Throw the meat to dog, and eat the 2x4.

:D

You guys r too funny! We decided to carve up the head n claws and boil till it looked clean. then we were going to use the water for a new scent cover for going after big bucks. That was after taking to taxidermist for a shoulder mount.

My brother and I hunt region 7s and bear season recently opened up there but we never thought this would happen. He ecalled me about 20 minutes left till dark "R u there?" I grabbed the radio and said I was in process of trying to grunt a nice buck back call you back later and turned off the radio. Well 20 minutes later and nno buck I call him back. When he said I just shot a bear I couldn't beleive it although they tore up moms garbage the other day and cleaned our little camp meat scull racks up from a few days ago. He waited for me to get there with the 4 wheeler before he climbed down.

Now heres the wierd part that will make you think. He said he just got done doing some grunt calls and this boar and a smaller sow came charging up the hill right up to his climber. The big one did the two legged stand and sniffed him out. Then they did a little circle and on the way back broadside he let him have it. He siad it crashed away for a few scecnds then stopped. Afew minutees later two succesive death moans (now that we know it died). We found it this mornig 60 yrds away as we were not looking in the dark last night. He was never so excited to find that thing as he did not sleep at all last night. I had to bust him saying ya one uped me agin. The night before I bagged my first turkey out of that stand with a bow. He is a great hunter and how he kept it togther to pull off the shot after the thing checked him out amazes me, not sure I could do that. One of those days will never forget and appreciate the great Hunting we are able to enjoy together on mom n pops land.

CP7u9.jpg

hey that looks like me (THE BEAR) ..... ill never shoot another with a gun but a bow kill would be cool...dont eat it its poopy,if you know any american indians they make all sorts of stuff from the bones and you can leagally sell the gaul bladder...(connected to the liver) called the dec last year to confirm and they said it was ok ... but always call yourself to confirm any questionable info..Ray K.

I tried it at a game dinner a while back, they had bear wild boar vennison Elk and I thank they through in a possum. Got a little of everything on the plate and sat down with friends and started talking hunting. I cleaned the plate and don't know what any of it taste like but it must have been good, I went back and the bear was cleaned up. They had seme great feeds. That was the SpinningWheel in north Syr.

it is ILLEGAL TO SHOOT A BEAR WITH COMPANY according to the rule books - better hope the DEC doesn't hear this story cause they would have real problems with this. you also have to have the DEC check the bear before you take it to the taxidermist. they take a tooth, nice bear though. but i wouldn't tell anyone that they came in together!