Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

This Sunday I probably broke the record for the most gobis ever caught on a mini mite jig,but that is not what this question is about.

While drifting and cruising just south of the 104 bridge in the bay I saw my fish finder screen full of pods of bait fish and big fish following,mostly between 25 and 32 foot down,over 25 to 60 fow.I threw a lot of jigs, lures and live bait at them all to no avail.

Can somebody please tell me what these fish are and how they are caught?

Thank you,cornelis.

Giant Gobies.. some average 10-15 lbs.. They like jiggs tipped with a perch minnow.. dont let their funny appearence and slimmy feel intimidate you... Gobies are a delecasy.....

Wow,thank you for this great piece of advice.I really appreciate the way you share your advanced outdoors knowledge.

I do not really understand the meaning of "some average" and I had a hard time plowing through the additional 6 spelling errors in your 27 words, but given some time, I will see the light.

:P:P:P:P:P:P:beer:

rolmops

Gambler's probably right. Lots of shad around here. If you catch a Northern in the bay this time of year you'll probably find him full of them.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

I think so too,it looks like the right time to get in touch with pike hunter and see if we can get out together so he can teach me how to hunt some esox.

Ahoy Rolmops,

I wanted to say thank you for taking us out last Sunday. The weather could not be better. Yet, no pike on a sunny day does not make anybody happy!

We got to head out again during cloudy day or even better closer to the last light.

I look forward to fishing out with you again soon.

tight lines.

Anthony

I probably won't winterize until mid December,but I have to take care of some things in Europe around the 10th of December, so we should try before that.

A windy dark day on the bay seems like what we need, I'm sure there will be plenty of those.

Cornelis.

We launched at Mayers Marina at 11/7 and the launch is fine.Just go under through the pedestrian bridge and stay close to the fuel dock until you are in the channel.

I forgot and it cost me a prop.

The perch are coming in strong, you will see the "fleet" in the bay next to the second set of channel markers.Just fish at about 25 to 30 feet down or you will catch mostly gobies

We fished Ironq Bay on Sat and did better then the day b-4 at Keuka. We caught lots of 6 inchers and a few 12 inchers. Fishing was slow and the bite was gone by 11 a.m. My friend when out today and they hit it big. Lots of fish and real good size. Best fishing of the weekend. Perch dinner coming up. Thanks to all who gave in info.

Doug