Chautauqua this weekend

Got a call from my old buddy Joe informing me that the weather is suppose to be nice this weekend and thus we are going to try our luck again on Chautauqua this Saturday. Anyone else going to be down there this weekend?

Also had a chance to talk to my buddy Mike Sperry from Chautauqua Reel Outdoors (whom by the way I am doing the website for... so look for that to officially launch sometime in the near future). Mike was able to get out yesterday and shared with me the following:

I fished the lower end Monday for 2 hrs. Raised one fish. Water is still dingy down south. Stick to the north end. Surface temp. was 49 degrees on the south end. Will be dropping steadily now. I caught a 42" fish in the area we raised the big girl. Haven't seen her again.

- Mike

Shaping up to be a fun weekend and hopefully we can put some fish in the boat. I am itching for one more shot at the fish I saw last time.... 8)

Hey blueEye...sorry i have`nt given a report from lat wknd but maybe give chautauqua point a try.There is a steel breakwall twds the condos that i caught 1 small(in 27fow)on a redhorse deep smity 3.5mph on bottom,missed another same area pulling rod in from a troll(perch ernie)both 80`out,and broke one off 30`off of that wall trolling(rippin) a walleye bulldawg over the weeds-short line-that was a rush!!!noyhing off of where your big girl is located.Nice green weeds though.g-luck

Bob S

Bob -

Thanks for the update! That will give us a couple options now at least. Glad to hear you were able to get them going trolling. With the water getting cooler now by the day (currently at 49 degrees), it doesn't surprise me that the trolling bite will start to turn back on.

I'll let you know how we do tomorrow!

On a side note, does anyone have any sledgehammer lures they are looking to sell? I am looking specifically for the 6 inch model that is NOT weighted. My preferred color is black, black knight and perch.

Chad

you can order sledges anywhere. same thing right? 6" and 9" from any bigger company. ebay has a bunch also. i have heard sledges called sledgehammers before, i read an article about trolling sledges from 6-11mph and putting them in rod holders. no jerking, they swim in a s pattern and can easily handle that speed. sledges have been around 10 years and i believe are from p.a. i have a chart/ black dot one that you couldn't get me to sell. great pike bait also.