Trolling For Trout

My wife and I fished from 8:00 am to 11:00 am this morning Stan. Water temp was 46 deg. Did 6 Bows, lost 2 and they wouldn't touch anything over 2.1 sog. This morning we hit um good on flat lined copper spoons and small silver and red flat fish just below the surface.

Glen

Guys I usually troll between 2.5 to 3 mph gps surface speed. Just wondering what you all did back east and what lures worked best for you all.

Many lures, spoons & flies you all have talked about ,work great out west here as well. I assure you my credit cards will tell you so.

So now are winter fishing is starting all the way till spring, I was hoping of finding something I have never used out here , that would hook up more Rainbow trout with.

I know, Ray there all bait by east coast standards, but hey we have to work with what we have out west here. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Stan,

My best spoon this fall by far was a Jenson #2 needle fish in the gold back, pearl bikini pattern. If you look at the "Fishing Pictures" post titled Prettiest fish in NY you'll see what likes them. I took about 5 Rainbows over 20" during the Fall on that pattern, nothing else came close spoons or plugs.

It's a flutter spoon and works well at 2 to 2.3 when temp is around 57. Good Luck