Anyone fishing Sodus/Port Bay for perch?

Finders Keepers

went out last wknd, saturday on Port Bay. What a day lol. We had one footers coming from the south and it was hard to keep our spot on the point. Fished off of Thompkins points and we got into em pretty good. Me and a friend kept about 45 over the 9 inch mark. We fished from 30 feet of water to about 12, with all depths producing fairly equally. Best was around the 14 to 17 ft where the drop off on thompkins is. Caught a few nice crappie as well with a 3 lb smallmouth. fishing has been good, but not at its best this year. I personally have had better luck out of fair haven bay, east of port bay. Fish right inside of the piers on the drop, also try by the old railroad bed along the east side of the bay (north end). Good luck n lemme know how you did.

Got out for an hour and a half tonight after work with a buddy of mine on Sodus. Started at the northern end of Eagle Island with very few fish and only 2 keepers (10"+), so we headed south to a point on the east side of the bay (the name escapes me), where we landed a dozen or so keepers in 12-15 fow (ran out of 'em if we drifted shallower) and there were also quite a few dinks mixed in (ratio: about 1 keeper to 8 dinks). I did a little better using a Swedish Pimple tipped with minnows over my buddy who was using a minnow on a single hook. Seemed I did best when I had the jig laying right on the bottom. All keepers were in the 10-12" range, no lunkers.

What a beautiful evening on the water for November!! Looks like the rest of the week is going to be nice too! I'll probably be out on Sodus again late morning on Wed.