Chautauqua Reel Outdoors New Website + Latest Muskie Report

Hey guys -

Today I am proud to announce the official launch of my newest website for Mike Sperry of Chautauqua Reel Outdoors. If you want to see a some impressive pics from the most highly respected musky anglers on Chautauqua Lake, then browse over to his new website and check out the photogallery!

http://www.chautauquareeloutdoors.com

On a side note, I didn't have any luck this weekend as Joe and I tried on Saturday. It was a stiff 25-35mph south wind that made fishing really hard. It was a bumpy troll and the casting option was equally as tough as we would quickly blow through our spots (even with the trolling motor fighting the wind) and it was near impossible to see any follows through the waves/white caps.

We talked to two other guys. One guy got skunked and one guy got a 48" fish off the bell tower. The deep holes looked the best. Water temp was 48 degrees and we saw a good share of marks over the deep pockets. The trolling option is definitely back for those looking to try your luck going into the last few weeks of the season. Best of luck!

Thanks for the kind words on the new website guys. I know that Mike is THRILLED with how it came out and like Larry said... it was long over due for an update!

Brad - I will have to check to see if my buddy Joe is available for us to fish that day. Sounds like fun to me though! I will hold the date on my calendar :yes:

Chad,The 30th of November always gives up some Big Girl's,but becareful 60% of the time the winds are over 35 mph out of the West or SW as well.Make sure you make a couple trolling passes up Buffalo Creek from the Homeland Security Base to the Vietnam Memorial.Stay in the middle of the channel lures down 20ft at 2.5 mph.If you hook gizzard shad work the area for a long time.

Do not go past the Vietnam Memorial or where it widens and turns,many snags in shallower water!

Good Luck on The 30th!

Capt. Larry

Thanks for the advice Larry. What do you think the MINIMUM size boat that would be safe to fish these waters would be this time of year? I got a feeling my little 15 foot smoker craft might get by on Chautauqua but not be very wise in this area. I have never fished there anyways so I wouldn't even know where to begin. Might be best for me to try and hitch a ride on someone else's boat for this one....

i had two follows in the harbor this past wed. one was around ten am in front of the big ship slip with the two "jack stands" in the middle of it. the other was on the lake side of the wall in front of the river mouth. that was around 1pm. sorry about the descriptions of the spots, i don't know the harbour very well. half the time when i head there i miss the last turn off exit7 and end up touring the ghetto. then i give up and go to chataqua. now i have a garmin and i still missed it. but the garmin gets me back now.