Seneca South end windy but still good

Boated 5 fish today (all lakers, 3-6 lbs.) on silver flasher and green fly, 60-80 down on riggers over 80- 250 FOW. I am spraying the tackle with "gulp" herring flavor, and am getting converted to the concept of flavor and scent on the lure. I think it is a well kept secret by the folks who catch fish on a regular basis. I lost two salmon at the net (one small and one 5 lbs. or so). The salmon both hit a silver and pink flutter spoon rigged as a cheater. Later in the day, I hooked a big fish 200 feet back, on a large, heavy silver spoon, at the surface. Did not see the fish and only had it on for 30 seconds or so, but it was heavy for sure. I Nearly pulled my boat a couple of weeks ago but have had the best fishing this year in the last two weeks. I had some health issues last summer so I did not fish at all for 5 weeks or so. I feel like it was a lucky choice to leave the boat in the water into November. I saw some guys sneaking perch over the transom today...three different boats at the ELKS club location on Rte. 14.

Good luck to all,

Andrew

• 1 month later...

that's me...Bayliner 2302 walk around with twin Honda 90's and all the bells a whistles. My boats for sale at Seneca Marine on 4th street. I need to consider family events on the water with a different boat as my current rig is totally rigged for fishing.