The Yankee Troller needs our prayers!

FISHINMAN

Rick's father Richard (the Original Yankee Troller) fell from a ladder (I believe on Tuesday) and from what Rick told me in a PM he is in serious but stable condition with a brain injury :( . I don't know exactly what all his injuries are so I won't get into that, but Richard and his family really need our prayers.

Rick has always been one to help any of us out with his knowledge of fishing (almost more than Ray K ;) )when needed on this site, so lets put the AWESOME POWER of PRAYER to work and do our best to help get Richard back in good health so he can get back to manning the wheel of the Yankee Troller at the Niagara Pro Am next spring and for years to come :yes:

Get well Richard my thoughts and prayers are with you!

Rick,

Very sorry to hear about your dad's accident, make sure he gets all the care and attention he needs.

Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Tom,

Thanks for alerting the LOU community, hopefully we can all offer some comfort for Rick and his family as they face this ordeal.

Larry

I just talked to Rick this morning (Friday) and his Dad is "holding his own" but it sounds like he hasn't shown much improvement over the course of the week. He's in the Trauma ICU at Strong with a brain injury. Rick and his entire family could certainly use our support. If anyone felt so compelled, you can send cards & other well wishes to him at:

Richard Hajecki (PATIENT)

Strong Memorial Hospital

601 Elmwood Avenue

Rochester, NY 14642

Be sure to indicate that's its Patient Mail or they'll return to sender like they did with my card!

Rick, if you read this please know that my wife, kids, and I all have your Dad and your entire family in our thoughts and prayers every day.

Hey, thanks guys! I REALLY appreciate it. It's going to be a long road ahead.

Current status - he is stable and they are trying to manage the swelling in the brain. The cat scans revealed the bleeding in the brain has stopped, which is a good thing. He is sedated currently, and they take him off the sedation drug every hour to conduct neurological tests.

It's amazing how fast this news went around the fishing community, and my family and I REALLY appreciate your prayers and support. I will try to keep everyone updated, although its tough, because of the amount of people that have showed their support.