Wind Turbines on Lake Ontario!

Don't think for one minute that they won't do whatever it takes to try and get these installed on the great lakes. We need to keep our eyes and ears open and fight this issue once again.

Emperor Cuomo already took the towns and villages out of the equation by establishing the committee to determine where solar and wind farms will be located. His statement , and I quote “ then state , not the townships , will determine where sustainable energy will be located “.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I live 3 miles from 3 wind farms in Wyoming county. they collect a lot of energy. they are clean and very quiet. I have no problem with them. we fought for years to keep two land fill companies out of our area. we took the wind mills instead. 

wind farms are great for the Great Lakes. one problem. man polluted the bottom of these lakes with chemicals. if we install wind farms on Lake Erie or Lake Ontario. we will stir up the bottom of these lakes and cause more pollution. I think the cost to install them out there is more political than good for our state. we would do better if we built two coal burning or natural gas power plants instead. 

And just a reminder. This has been mentioned earlier in this thread. When the Gallo wind farm was still a viable plan. The launch at Henderson was to be used solely for the work boats building the wind farm. Off limits to recreational boaters

what we need here in New York State is voter ID. if we can get voter ID here soon. we can vote every politician who supports this crap out of office. we have plenty of natural gas in this state. it make more sense to use our resource and build 2 power plants instead. A lot cheaper and more efficent.  

On the newest turbines, the nacelles weigh 750,000 pounds It takes two large cranes to lift them off a ship. The upper tip of the blades are 1500 feet high where they can be seen from "Alaska". Just maintaining them will require a "sky hook".

The money is berried in the word "Sustainability"...  You tell everyone you bring on the lake what they want to do.. Customers, friends, and family.  After they have had fun trolling in 150 fow tell them this would be off limits once the windmills were installed.  That was the past plan for Mexico Bay.. It would essentially stop the fishery in the bay....  No access within a 1000ft of any windmills...

On 4/27/2021 at 6:03 AM, jimski2 said:

You Tube has a show on new wind farms built near Germany and Denmark. It is really scary if your home is close to sixty foot of water where these huge wind machines are installed.

The windmill site is 70 KM by 70 KM in 60 feet 0f water. High voltage wires are stretched on the bottom between the towers and shoreline. Imagine the loss of boating opportunity within the grid and shore.

• 2 weeks later...

May 14, 2020 the USCG issued regulations for  wind mill farms. The taxeaters have auctioned off thousands of acres of offshore sites so the deals have been done while our media does not have a clue  of what is going on.  Industrial construction costs are being studied but the numbers are in the billions. The wind mills are in now with a project in Lake Erie off Cleveland, Ohio. They will be done by 2030.

Subsidies are the missing public costs in wind farms when they claim costs. Canadian women have organized opposition to wind farms after living with them over time.

2 hours ago, jimski2 said:

Subsidies are the missing public costs in wind farms when they claim costs. Canadian women have organized opposition to wind farms after living with them over time.

But they can just divorce their husbands!

• 2 weeks later...

California is putting Offshore Windmills in now. Their rationale is their electricity will make a separation of Hydrogen and Oxygen from water. The hydrogen will power tractor trailer powered Volvo engines made by the Chinese owned Volvo corporation. Their exhaust will be water vapor instead of CO2 an CO into the environment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimski2 said:

California is putting Offshore Windmills in now. Their rationale is their electricity will make a separation of Hydrogen and Oxygen from water. The hydrogen will power tractor trailer powered Volvo engines made by the Chinese owned Volvo corporation. Their exhaust will be water vapor instead of CO2 an CO into the environment.

They also own Mack

• 2 weeks later...

There is a website for the study:
www.nyserda.ny.gov/Great-Lakes-Wind-Feasibility-Study
public webinars will be held in August and October.

3 hours ago, rolmops said:

There is a website for the study:
www.nyserda.ny.gov/Great-Lakes-Wind-Feasibility-Study
public webinars will be held in August and October.

I've been involved and logged into a couple of the early webinars (although I missed the first 10 minutes because it took forever to join the call) - my biased take on it is that the feasibility study is there to check a box - my feeling is that the decision has been made.

I've been involved and logged into a couple of the early webinars (although I missed the first 10 minutes because it took forever to join the call) - my biased take on it is that the feasibility study is there to check a box - my feeling is that the decision has been made.

That’s what most people thought about the Keystone oil pipeline and see what happened yesterday.

• 5 months later...

The offshore maintenance costs are unreal and their profit margins are negative. The Lackawanna and Hamburg near shore structures have lasted now from twelve and five years. All nacelles and blades have been replaced using land based cranes this year. Offshore cranes are too difficult to operate with the tolerances to replace elements. The lifespan of underwater power cables has not been demonstrated yet. Why waste taxpayer costs to support the "White Elephant" projects.