Wind Turbines on Lake Ontario!

Just received another message from one of my contacts within Oswego County. Nice editorial write-up well worth reading from the Watertown Daily Times, 12/19, concerning the Galloo Island windfarm fallout. It truly looks like the politicians are ramming this through as fast as they can for nickels and dimes, compared to the cost for localities as spinoff effects them, is illogical. That is, unless you factor in the stimulus monies that would have to pass through Albany, and Wall Street.

The image of the required lights, on the proposed turbine/towers offshore is a stunning thought. It would in effect give us "Kennedy Airport", without the noise, offshore "morning, evening and night". This comment by the writer, a Mr. Gaus, was an mind/eye-opener.

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article/20091219/OPINION03/312199985/-1//OPINION03

We all have to meet somwhere on the steps of a congressmans office or wherever with TV cameras loaded with printed info of fact to hand to anyone who listen. We need to make a loud noise to get the attention of the uniformed. To me we cannot be nice about this or it will easily pass. Look what happened in Italy valley gents. These guys mean buisness. Lots of money to be had by those in charge . Time to turn into ***holes.

Received another email from one of my contacts. I mentioned to him that we, the LOU forum members, were discussing starting a petition and he sent me this link. It is a site you can start a petition and have people sign it. Look it over and maybe we can do something there, as well.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/

If you guys think that a petition w/ a few thousand sigs from an internet signup is going to do any good , I have a surefire gizmo to sell you. Look at the townhall mtgs about health care & the polled overwhelming opposition to it & it still passed. It dosn't take a genius to know that the behind the scences work to pass this is well on it's way so somthing BIG needs to be done fast.Waiting is playing into their gameplan.

Santa gave me a cold for Christmas so I sat on the couch & watched football all day Sun . I must have seen 4-6 diff commercials w/ wind turbines on & off during the day. Some for only a few seconds w/ no mention of them but enough so you could get a look for a few seconds w/ them put in best possible light. GE was sponcer of a few . It shows how media desensitzes you& endocterinates you to issues without the average person even knowing it. This is why I have become so cynical to a lot of issues. Once you see it you will see how baltant the motives are. Uphill battle boys.

That's more than I got from my district representative so far....nada....for district 62. Yes I can read it thanks to the zoom features of Mozilla Firefox :yes: and a good response from Senator Alesi, Thanks Rich.

Mark

Ditto, all I got so far are canned responses with promises to get back to me. I'm WAITING!!!

Will there be a public forum of some sort involving the public at some point ? How about the Mayors and town supervisors of the lake bordering town & cities , what is their stand? I see more and more commercials with wind turbines, some in water .Only because when I see them I now take notice. Is it true that their will be a 15 person panel that will investigate and make recomendations on how this will be decide? And who will those 15 be and of those who on the 'NO WAY " side?

Just an update: I just received an email from a representative in Oswego County. He states that after the collapse of the turbine in Fenner, it is very doubtful anyone will approve construction of the windfarm in water, which is subject to much more extreme wind forces and underwater currents than is present on land. Definitely a positive sign, but still a battle.