Wind Turbines on Lake Ontario!

Dear Windmill customer,thankyou for spending another 20 billion dollars in our country :clap: , You have made many of us rich beyond our wildest dreams (cant belive you fell for these) :lol: ....I know you will enjoy all the free power you will get from our product (as long as the wind blows) ..they will have payed for themselfs in just 25 years course the downfall is they only last for 20 yrs :rofl: .. ps. please hurry as the volcano in iceland is spewing more pollutiants in the air every hour than all the cars and powerplants in america in a year.... so it is important you get going on this project soon to stop global warming :rofl::rofl::rofl: P.S. we have a great deal on carbon credits 2 for 1 sale the more you buy the lighter your wallets ,,,,er I mean the cooler the earth will be....Just because the ice caps are getting bigger and the winters colder this is all a side effect of heat..... P.S.S. the sun has nuthing to do with any warmer temps should they occure......

Your Friends Overseas :devil: Trust Us You Will Be Happy.....

Billy,

you said so right! Dywaye Finkle said to say HI, Our state gov and fed is so out of control and out of touch I'm rreally scared what the end will bring! Put a farmer who has to fight for everydime and has a birth cetificate! in office and maybe we we will see a change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Six Northeast governors, including New York's, criticize council's Cape Wind advice

By The Associated Press

April 23, 2010, 9:14PM

Thinkstock.com

BOSTON — Six Northeast governors urged the U.S. Secretary of the Interior on Friday to ignore a historical council’s advice that he stop a wind farm from being built off Cape Cod, saying that such a move could end offshore wind development on the Eastern Seaboard.

The letter was in response to a recommendation by the federal Advisory Council on Historic Properties. The council called for Interior Secretary Ken Salazar to deny the proposal for the 130-turbine Cape Wind project in Nantucket Sound. The council cited, in part, Cape Wind’s “destructive†effects on the views from dozens of nearby historic properties, including the Kennedy family compound.

But the governors argued that if Salazar accepts the council’s reasoning, it would be “difficult, if not impossible, to site offshore wind projects anywhere along the Eastern Seaboard†because so many offshore wind farm sites are visible from historic properties. The letter was signed by Govs. Jack Markell of Delaware, Martin O’Malley of Maryland, Deval Patrick of Massachusetts, Chris Christie of New Jersey, David Paterson of New York and Donald Carcieri of Rhode Island.

“It’s the first time, governors of other states ... have come off the sidelines, relative to some of the different decisions made in the Cape Wind project,†said Massachusetts Environmental Affairs Secretary Ian Bowles. “It underscores that the historic preservation agencies have really overreached in terms of their reactions to this project.â€

A spokesman for the advisory council said he had no comment. The Interior Department is reviewing the letter, a spokeswoman said.

Audra Parker of the Alliance to Protect Nantucket Sound, which opposes Cape Wind, called the letter a “political maneuver†that ignores Cape Wind’s negative effects on the local economy, environment and history. “The (advisory council’s) decision does not stand in the way of future offshore wind development,†Parker said. “Rather, it demands that the process of wind development also respect our nation’s historic treasures.â€

Salazar has said he will decide about Cape Wind by April 30. The project, now in its ninth year of review, would be the nation’s first offshore wind farm. Its developers say it could generate electricity by 2012 and eventually supply three-quarters of Cape Cod’s power.

Other major offshore wind proposals include NRG Bluewater Wind projects in New Jersey and Delaware and a Deepwater Wind project in Rhode Island. No other project has entered the lengthy federal review Cape Wind has nearly completed.

Cape Wind opponents want the wind farm moved out of Nantucket Sound, saying it threatens animal life and maritime traffic and would deface historic vistas. Two Wampanoag Indian tribes say it would interfere with sacred rituals and could disturb submerged tribal burial grounds.

In its April 2 recommendation, the federal advisory council said Cape Wind would spoil views from 34 historic properties on Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket.

In their letter, the governors said the council claimed Cape Wind would affect properties up to 13 miles away, but never distinguished whether a property’s historic significance was affected merely because Cape Wind could be seen from it, or if it was something more. The governors said that without that distinction, any wind project off the coasts of the six states in view of a historic property could be automatically disqualified.

That establishes a higher standard for offshore wind projects than other developments and could thwart President Barack Obama’s push to develop renewable energy, the governors wrote.

• 2 weeks later...

These past few weeks we have had some pretty serious events having to do with energy.

First there was the mining disaster with all these dead miners and now the oil disaster in the Gulf of Mexico with yet even more victims.

Thinking about these terrible events, it occurred to me that ,maybe our protests against the wind power generators and our worries about property values and fishing limitations are really quite silly relative to the terrible things that happened these past few weeks and very probably will happen again.

Might it be a good idea to try and work together with the wind people and see if we can minimize potential damage and yet at the same try and get the maximum amount of clean energy that our country needs so badly.

Saying "NO" is not very productive.How about making sure there will be no off limits waters and having all the power cables in coaxial liners thereby severely limiting electromagnetic fields?

Over 40 people just died while providing us with energy.That certainly is something to make us all stop and think.

good point rolmops and 15,000 die each year in road accidents we should ban all cars,trucks and probly trains too as many die in them to and dont forget the airplanes my goodness think of all the lives we could save....Ill bet 200 or so cops die each year on duty so we should ban and disolve all police forces,and dont forget the poor firemen who died in 9/11 and after, approxamatly 150,000 people die each year in hospitals due to improper treatment close em all again you have to be one of the smartest people ive ever responded to,,,ill bet you alone with your thinking could save over 500,000 lives in one year alone..............Ill bet Nobama might have a czar job for you ....I cant belive how many missinformed people dont want these things of beauty ,,,,,,Ps 1800 kids die each year in bycyle accadents get rid of them now, and over 200 die each year on sidewalks have em all removed for general safty,ill bet bathtub falls wipe out another 100 or so ,thats it no more bathes for the great citizens of this country man these are just a few ideas i think all steps could be included on your list... im makin a sign now "ROLMOPS FOR PRESIDENT"" OPPS AND ALL THOSE SILLY BOATS OUT THERE GOTTA TAKE THEIR TOLL on many sink em all .....boy someday im gonna be real smart and maybe get rid of mt common sence desease..........THANKS RAY K.

good point rolmops and 15,000 die each year in road accidents we should ban all cars,trucks and probly trains too as many die in them to and dont forget the airplanes my goodness think of all the lives we could save....Ill bet 200 or so cops die each year on duty so we should ban and disolve all police forces,and dont forget the poor firemen who died in 9/11 and after, approxamatly 150,000 people die each year in hospitals due to improper treatment close em all again you have to be one of the smartest people ive ever responded to,,,ill bet you alone with your thinking could save over 500,000 lives in one year alone..............Ill bet Nobama might have a czar job for you ....I cant belive how many missinformed people dont want these things of beauty ,,,,,,Ps 1800 kids die each year in bycyle accadents get rid of them now, and over 200 die each year on sidewalks have em all removed for general safty,ill bet bathtub falls wipe out another 100 or so ,thats it no more bathes for the great citizens of this country man these are just a few ideas i think all steps could be included on your list... im makin a sign now "ROLMOPS FOR PRESIDENT"" OPPS AND ALL THOSE SILLY BOATS OUT THERE GOTTA TAKE THEIR TOLL on many sink em all .....boy someday im gonna be real smart and maybe get rid of mt common sence desease..........THANKS RAY K.

Thank you for your thoughtful reaction,even though I am not sure it has anything to do with what I was talking about. :inlove:

Good politicians always allow their opponents a few good tirades and when the opponents are tired and bored of screaming, the politicians do what they wanted to do all along....

That is why it is a good idea to engage in possible compromise.It forces the politicians to at least partly retreat.

The wind mills that will be built off Cape Cod should be a writing on the wall and damage control instead of useless screaming might be a good way to go

Sorry, I disagree rolmops. One has to stand up and fight for what he/she thinks is right. If the politicians will not listen to the majority of constituents in the areas they represent, then they can and will be voted out of office. We've been complacent in the past on a number of issues thinking there is no use fighting, but the tide has turned and a lot of voters are just plain sick of the direction our politics have gone. Given the history of past windmill farms and the damages they inflict on the economy, ecology, and visual aesthetics of these given areas on Lake Ontario, I have no thought other than to totally be against them.

Rolmops,

The accident in the gulf was caused by negligence. They finished pouring their concrete (underwater) 20 hours before the opened the head. It didn’t hold when the accident happened above water. (concrete on land actually takes 28 days to set up properly) Their management & owners were greedy & wanted to get it on-line quick. BP has admitted that they will pay for it and aren’t even worried about the finances.

Electric companies are also greedy & negligent in many ways. Look at how electric poles and lines crisscross the state with no rhyme or reason. Look at how both sides of the streets have poles & lines. Look at how many are leaning over & how many are covered with brush/trees. Look at your electric bill & compare your electric delivery charge vs the actual cost of electricity. That money is going into new lines, not cleaning up the old ones. They abandon the old lines & put up new ones. They even argue with the telephone company over who owns the poles & who has to clear the trees around them. (Even though so many people have cell phones)

Look at Russell Station. Just before RG&E shut it down, they said it would take $500M to make it efficient. NYPA is just after money (tax credits) & want it before anyone wises up. They want $3B for new power generation that would almost equal Russell.

Russell is owned by Iberdrola. (along with RG&E and NYSEG) NYPA is NOT a state agency. They are an independent electric company that owns generation plants towards the East. What are they doing in Iberdrola territory? The strategy is obvious: NYPA pushing it might be more palatable to US citizens because its name sounds like a NYS agency whereas Iberdrola sounds like a foreign owned company.

Wind proponents say they hate coal and tout what Europe & Germany are doing. I saw a program the other night about the world’s largest machines. The 3 largest machines in the world are in Germany and are used to dig, mine & transport coal to a huge coal burning electric generating facility on the site. That facility is extremely efficient, extremely environmentally friendly and that single plant supplies 30% of Germany’s electric needs.

NYPA wants to put turbines in the lake and doesn’t care about the environment, the citizens or anything else. They don’t care that turbines aren’t nearly as efficient as other sources and that they take up much more space. They are a “FOR PROFIT†company that’s looking for a buck regardless of the consequences for you or me. They are trying to ride the politically correct “green wave†for as much as they can get.

IN NYS, if you want to put up a building, you have to submit soil tests & if polluted or near a wetland, you have to remediate it first. The Rochester Embayment is a USEPA Area of Concern. It’s a biggie. They want to ignore that because there currently aren’t any laws about digging up sediments or spreading pollution from the seabed.

They need to be told NO TURBINES out there by the people. They won’t go out of business; they’ll be forced to develop a “for real efficient†method to generate electricity. If there really was an electric shortage they’d change their policy of letting the big demand users pay less for power than the average person who conserves it.

I don't mean to beat up on you, but there's much much more to it than just us silly old fishermen having a place to fish.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Rolmops,

The accident in the gulf was caused by negligence. They finished pouring their concrete (underwater) 20 hours before the opened the head. It didn’t hold when the accident happened above water. (concrete on land actually takes 28 days to set up properly) Their management & owners were greedy & wanted to get it on-line quick. BP has admitted that they will pay for it and aren’t even worried about the finances.

Electric companies are also greedy & negligent in many ways. Look at how electric poles and lines crisscross the state with no rhyme or reason. Look at how both sides of the streets have poles & lines. Look at how many are leaning over & how many are covered with brush/trees. Look at your electric bill & compare your electric delivery charge vs the actual cost of electricity. That money is going into new lines, not cleaning up the old ones. They abandon the old lines & put up new ones. They even argue with the telephone company over who owns the poles & who has to clear the trees around them. (Even though so many people have cell phones)

Look at Russell Station. Just before RG&E shut it down, they said it would take $500M to make it efficient. NYPA is just after money (tax credits) & want it before anyone wises up. They want $3B for new power generation that would almost equal Russell.

Russell is owned by Iberdrola. (along with RG&E and NYSEG) NYPA is NOT a state agency. They are an independent electric company that owns generation plants towards the East. What are they doing in Iberdrola territory? The strategy is obvious: NYPA pushing it might be more palatable to US citizens because its name sounds like a NYS agency whereas Iberdrola sounds like a foreign owned company.

Wind proponents say they hate coal and tout what Europe & Germany are doing. I saw a program the other night about the world’s largest machines. The 3 largest machines in the world are in Germany and are used to dig, mine & transport coal to a huge coal burning electric generating facility on the site. That facility is extremely efficient, extremely environmentally friendly and that single plant supplies 30% of Germany’s electric needs.

NYPA wants to put turbines in the lake and doesn’t care about the environment, the citizens or anything else. They don’t care that turbines aren’t nearly as efficient as other sources and that they take up much more space. They are a “FOR PROFIT†company that’s looking for a buck regardless of the consequences for you or me. They are trying to ride the politically correct “green wave†for as much as they can get.

IN NYS, if you want to put up a building, you have to submit soil tests & if polluted or near a wetland, you have to remediate it first. The Rochester Embayment is a USEPA Area of Concern. It’s a biggie. They want to ignore that because there currently aren’t any laws about digging up sediments or spreading pollution from the seabed.

They need to be told NO TURBINES out there by the people. They won’t go out of business; they’ll be forced to develop a “for real efficient†method to generate electricity. If there really was an electric shortage they’d change their policy of letting the big demand users pay less for power than the average person who conserves it.

I don't mean to beat up on you, but there's much much more to it than just us silly old fishermen having a place to fish.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

As always, well said and explained, Tom. You have been a wealth of knowledge on this subject since it was first brought to light months and months ago. :clap::yes::clap::yes::clap::yes:

Tom, good read but your bit off on your research on NYPA. Agreed it is not a NYS agency however, it is a New York State Authority, owned and operated by the State. NYPA (aka: Power Authority of the State of New York) like the NY Thruway Authoriy (also not a NYS agency) report directly to the governor and are "suppose to by law" return any profits, beyond their operating costs, to the state's general fund (we all know what happens with that).

NYPA President Kessel says, "If you don't want windtowers here, we will put them where they are wanted." because Kessel knows, as President of the NYPA, he serves at the option of the governor, the legislature and people of New York.

My point is, with the NYPA being owned by the State of New York, we (New York voters) can bring a lot of pressure on our representitives, local and in Albany to stop windtower development in LO.

Larry - You're right. My mistake, they are part of the state "debacle". They own 17 generators including the FDR at Massena, the Niagara at Lewiston. The rest are around Albany and in NYC.

In 2008, they had 1,610 employees (including summer & non-hires) and an average reported salary of $86,085.67. (476 paid more than $100K – salary not total comp)

http://www.seethroughny.net/Payrolls/St ... BRANCHID=4

"Out of the pan and into the fire" as far as being money hungry.

(Just for comparison, state legislators get $79.5K/yr)

Tom B.

(LongLine)

• 2 weeks later...

What is the Latest News?? I havent heard much recently...

I did however have a "GOOD" Friend of One of our Female Senators on a charter a few weeks ago and as he was watching the Sunrise from the east as we ran down the lake from Olcott. I asked him how he would feel about watching that same sunset with turbines in the middle of them... He was not pleased at all and asked what he could do about it. I asked him to talk to anyone who would listen. He was going to make a Phone call to some "people" he knew politically to discuss it. I think anything helps at this point in the game.

Brian

It has been a quiet topic for a bit, yes. I haven't heard much either. My neighbor at the lake has been on top of this disaster-in-the-making from day one, and, even he said things have quieted down. I can't help but think the NYPA is planning an "attack" - laying low, to make us think they've given up, but when we least expect it, WHAM!! I'll be up at the house this weekend and will ask if he's heard anything new this week. He usually sends me emails every day or two with updates and such, but nothing lately.

This is a meeting for the 300 wind turbines from Irondiqouit Bay to Braddock's in 100 to 150 ft deep.

Public Meeting Announcement

Wind Power Turbines

In Lake Ontario

(All Welcomed)

Lakeview Community Church

30 Long Pond Rd.

(near Fire House on Edgemere)

Thursday, June 10 th

7:00-8:00 P.M.

Questions and Answers after

Speaker:

Alan Isselhard of

Great Lakes Concerned Citizens

Please Let Others Know!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is some news.

I read this in the Niagara edition of the Buffalo news on page 6D.This is dated Saturday June 5th.

Five offshore windmill proposals received for Lakes Eerie,Ontario.

Kessel announced Friday that a review process will get under way and that it is expected to end with one or more developers selected by early 2011.

"The goal is to try to get this project operating in the waters within 5 years." Kessel said in a press conference at the Eerie Basin Marina.

Kessel said that the identity of the developers cannot be made public until the evaluation process advances......... (Do you smell what I smell?)

It seems that Kessel has made allies out of Mayor Paul Dyster of Niagara Falls and Brian Smith,the Western NY program director of the citizens campaign for the environment.

Needless to say that Kessel is milking the oil spill in the Gulf for all that it is worth.

To get the fine info you can e-mail: [email protected]

"This will create jobs" is as foolish as saying "This is for the children".

The public is easily swayed by these catch phrases.

"This" will put a lot of money in the wrong people's wallet.