Opening Day

Legacy

Just thought i would wish everyone a safe and successful gun season opener. Looks like the weather is even going to cooperate with us this year, so it really should make for a nice day. Lets see some pics!

Good luck to all! Spent Mon,and Wens afternoon at the club's rifle range w/ 2 of my sons($$$$) and I think I might be ready to transition to the smoke pole but I want to see one son competing in a swim meet in Watertown on Saturday and another one has the leading role in a musical this weekend and family will be here for the performances too so, I guess I'll give the deer a break till Monday.

Good Luck to you to Rob. Enjoy the day! I just got done buying 8 lb of boneless strip steak and 4 lbs of giant sea sclaps so if nothing else we will eat good at camp tomorrow night. I will be hunting with 2 good friends, my brother and my 75 year old father it might not be the most serious group to hunt with but it will be time well spent with friends and family. As always guys Hunt Hard and above all Hunt Safe.

I love the camraderie of gun season, but I'm always sad to see the end of bow season. This year I had the privledge of watching a couple of breeding nucleuses pass through with several bucks chasing multiple does, and man, what a rush! After opening day, we probably won't be seeing the bucks chasing much...though with the seventeen doe I saw combined with the twenty Keith saw in the fields last nite (farewell hunt), it looks like the majority of the rut may have passed us by. We haven't seen doe like that all season. Could be they've started to get into their winter patterns.

Good luck to all!

Gator