Lucky Enuff striper trolling video

Fishtails

Me and Rollie (final flight) hit the Jersey shore off Sandy Hook a couple weeks ago and had a blast for a day with the stripers and blues. We trolled the entire day and the action was non stop. Shooting vid wasn't easy cause it was just the two of us, but we tried. This is my first try at the video thing.....hope I did ok :)

Thanks guys!!

I do love the ocean Stan....but me still likes the big O more ;) I admit though that catching fish non stop all day long is a nice change of pace. I only get there a couple times at best in the fall, but it's really funny the way people look at us. They know we're not from around there with all the gadgets we lake trollers have hanging off our boat and in the water. Most guys I saw trolling ran only two rods....a wire rod out each side with either an umbrella rig or bunker spoon. In Jersey you can run 3 rods a man, so Rollie and me had 5 in the water about all the time (thank god for the AP). That kept us very busy :D:D People looked at us like we were crazy....it was great!!

Here is a funny story.....we tried using down speed but the tide messed with the probe a lot so we mostly just trusted the bend on the wire rods. Gps speed is not trustworthy on a moving tide. We are trolling along and everything looks good and the motor rpm's sound right...but the rigger balls seem to be strait down. The wire umbrella rods have a good bend and the dipsey rod looks right, so I watch a buoy we are passing... but we never pass it. The tide is ripping and we are just stationary :o . We're trolling, but we're not going anywhere!! I go look at the gps speed....0.2 sog :rofl: lmao!! Meanwhile...we are trolling a 5 rod spread and it all looks as it should except the riggers are hanging straight.......Within a very short time the wire rod starts thumping....FISH ON ! That takes some real getting used to.

What I learned is when the tide is ripping, you best be over a productive spot cause yer not gonna cover much ground till it slows down.... :lol:

Rod I would rather look crazy, putting fish in the box, than looking crazy doing nothing.

People say that about me out here when they see Daiwa heart land rods 8'6" on my track system for the planer boards or steel line roller rods with dipsy's on the end. But it has been sometime since I came back into the harbor with no fish :lol:

Thanks to these methods. People open there mouth with something stupid before they understand what it is about. Keep it up from one crazy guy to another.

Stan

Very nice Rod :yes: I live a half hour from some of the best striper fishing anywhere and I never go. If I had to do it all over again maybe I wuld be a striper guy :o . march til december is a long season. ya can't beat a drag burnin 30# king though. I think I will continue drive 4 an a half hours :( . way to go guys, nice vid :yes:

• 1 month later...