Prettiest Fish In New York

Play Penn

I fish the fingerlakes, central new york streams, the salmon river and lake ontario and all have produced some beautiful fish. To me however, nothing is quite like the rainbows you get out of skaneateles lake in late fall.

I'm open to other opinions, with proof of course.

14T2Zi.jpg

4ANLi.jpg

Chromeslayer,

I have to admit you got me. I've seen your other posts, great shots :yes: None of the steel I pull out of the samon river has that much color, I still like my "Skinny Green Backs" though. I was shure I would see some Brookies from my original post.

i know these skaneateles trout and salmon you speak of personally and they seem to have an awe inspireing look, but chromeslayer cmon... that is a low blow. wanna see some dacks brookies?? chataqua to champlain, specializing in nothing, equiped for everything, we are ALL that is fishing. just ask us. we even know how to catch sheephead on command. we get all new york has to offer. accept kokanee...still trying.

bFcZr.jpg

1Lq3Z0.jpg

One vote for Chromeslayer :yes::) for most colorful fish ,

cant beat those smiles though :yes:;)

Can't believe I am going to say this :o:o but I agree with Vic :yes:

Love the matching head tilts on the second photo of the boys :lol: Play Pen you must of been proud and congrats to the boys :yes::yes:

Sorry guys but the best looking fish in NY is not a trout species. Tiger muskies are the best looking (and a little more manly than the Steelhead that wears a pink stripe). :lol: The markings are different on everyone. Here are 2 from Conesus.

Brian-TigerMusky1.jpg

Brian-TigerMusky4.jpg

Sorry guys but the best looking fish in NY is not a trout species. Tiger muskies are the best looking (and a little more manly than the Steelhead that wears a pink stripe). :lol: The markings are different on everyone.

I agree with Gambler. ;)

dUrg0.jpg

PS: I just updated my site with some '09 photos

Kingsalomon22

I always had a soft spot for beautiful Brook trout. Those are some dandys. Unfortunately the native Brookies in my neck of the woods are very small with 9 inches being a big one.

I fished a lake in Canada years ago, Lake Wachonichi, and the Brookies in it were sweet. Probably a pound and three quarters to two and a half average. Hit a couple in the 5 lb range during the week. The most enjoyable trip I ever took. Wish I had reasonable access to nice Brook Trout water.

I really miss fishing those Skaneatles Rainbows also. Used to do alot of it. They are not only beautiful fish but are strong as hell for their size.

These are all beautiful fish in there own right and nice pictures guys.

Chromesalyer, you do come up with some magnificant pictures.

Keep them coming.

Thanks

Glen

• 4 weeks later...

I love those steelies but those browns with all their stream colors are as remakable as it gets. We are so lucky to have this fishery right in our back yards. Every time i go i count my blessings on the way. Just the chance to be on such beauties is a lot to be thankfull for.