My Rant

jeb1340

I stopped down at Artpark this afternoon for about an hour. I walk down and what's the first thing I see? Trash all over the place! Unfortunately, I started carrying a trash bag with me a while back most of the time I go fishing. Today, I filled it up. I didn't catch anything but saw a few caught from guys on the boats. Water clarity was about 2 feet. I'll have the boat out this weekend.

Hey Jeb, I thought I was the only one taking trash bags into the gorge. If more fisherman see clean banks, they are less likely to trash the place.....start a trend and maybe the culture of fishermen dumping trash on the banks will end one day. I could extend the rant toward all lot of out of state fishermen that might feel their non-resident fees include the "right" to snatch fish and dump garbage but I won't go there :no:

Yes, the vast majority of garbage on NY stream banks is NY garbage, but there is something about out of state visitors doing it that for some reason ranckles my feathers more. It is like the coffee table........when a family member puts his/her feet up on it to watch TV it does not draw a response.......but when a neighbor comes over and does it you are like..........dude get your feet of the table!

Out of State visitors also contribute alot of money towards your fishery with their license fees as well as the local economies along the lake.

How would your state government treat this fishery if it wasn't making money?

Just some food for thought.

Glen

As a out of state sportsman I have paid my licence fee to fish in New York, however that has'nt given me the right to leave my trash on the land. Every park, boat launch, campground and rest area has a trash can. We should not be tolerating littering by ANYONE resident or non resident last time I looked New york was still a member of the UNITED STATES and as the old slogan says "Keep America Beautiful". Im sure litter laws apply to imiagrants as well as citizens of the USA. So I belive we need to help control unethical sportsman and the others who tour the land who believe they OWN the land, resident on not.

The question is Have you done your share the keep America beautiful?

My answer: Every time :yes:

It is easy to point a finger at an out of stater, I use to complain about the same thing.

The wife and I would pick up trash on every outing. Then one time I noticed the CF letters on 3 boats that through trash over board. They where all from right here. Back at the dock a guy from out of state saw the same thing we did and was up set about it as well. We told the local sheriff on duty at the harbor and he informed us he could do nothing about it, because he did not witness them dumping the trash.

Many times now I watch and have found it is and has been the people from right around us. Where the out of starters would pick up trash also. The biggest percent of out of stater are more tree huger types

Stan, sounds like you encountered a lazy son of a b Sheriff who really doesn't give a da_ . Seems like he had every right to confront if not ticket these people that were scaring that beautiful part of the country with their garbage. Especially with two witnesses. I could have got myself in a BUNCH of trouble with that clowns response

Until things are done about it nothing will change.

That gets me as mad as the slobs that were doing the trashing. :@

Glen

Stan, sounds like you encountered a lazy son of a b Sheriff who really doesn't give a da_ .

Glen

You're absolutely right Glen. All he had to do was get a signed deposition from both witnesses and could have made out the tickets. ;)