2010 Pay Every Day Derby thread

I would like to see finalized rules before I enter on Feb 1st. It would be nice to know what minimum size that can be weighed. I am also under the impression that this is basically going to be Kings unless it is broken down into catagories.

I fish the western end and mature fish are far a few between until fall. I am going to assume,bad word to use, that for example if the minimum weight for king is not caught then the minimum trout weight (or higher) will become eligable.

Shade

Guys,

Here is the deal with canada..No affence to you guys but as of right now canada is not in the playing cards. It is way too difficult to get fish inspected by us. The border is giving everyone a difficult time. We are currently working to get a weigh station at St. Catherines and surrounding area but it may not come to be until next season. You may fish the tourney and regester on line if you wish. However you will be responsable for getting fish across the border and weighed in.

The rule of carry over has been changed. The new verbage will be posted as soon as we can get it up there. There will be no carry over money..That money will be dictated as written in my last post.

As far as the weight of fish goes.. We are encorperating all species of salmonics..ie Salmon king and coho..browns lakers and steelhead/rainbows. We are doing this for the sole purpose of giving the trout fisherman a fighting chance to win. If a larger trout is caught that fish will beat out the salmon. It certianly stinks when a 26 lb laker should take the money and doent because its a trout and not a salmon. The biggest fish will win.. Again this is only to promote all species of salmonics. Next season will possably include a seperate trout catagory. Until then we are working this tourney as is. We do understand that we have fine tunning that needs to get done..we are not perfect. However we are looking to keep this around for years to come not just for a yr or 2. only to go upside down like the last one. we are looking down the road as well..Again all will be based on tourney entries. Moneys will be spent paying back to boats. All of it.

Thanks

MAV

Maverick,

I just looked at the rules on your web site and they are obviously taken from the LOC Derby. Pretty much cut and paste. These are intellectual property of Empire State Lake Ontario promotions. The rules are protected and not for use without prior permission which the Payeverydayderby does not have. You need to address this problem ASAP. This includes the affidavit attached to your sign up.

Additionally the scales that I maintain and certify at LOC weigh stations are the property of Empire State Lake Ontario Promotions and are not for use by the Payeverdayderby. Not sure how many weigh stations you have talked to, but none I have been able to contact know what your plans on scales are and some who you have listed as weigh in stations have heard nothing about this event. Some you have listed multiple times.

I would highly recommend before you collect any funds and list weigh stations for your event you have worked out payouts, scales, actual weigh in locations and are willing to make the commitment of manpower and resources that an event of this magnitude requires.

FYI you spelled Dick Schleyer’s name wrong in you “about us†section on your web site and it's salmonids, not salmonics.

David Chilson

Dave,

With all due respect, this is a problem between you and Chris. This should be a private matter and not an attempt to bring negative publicity towards his or any other tournament. Im not saying that you are, just seems that way. Your correctiveness seems like a pretty weak attack.

I have to agree with Jeff. What you,Dave and Chris and all the other leaders in the events do for the fishing in Ontario is to be commended. But lately to many responses or opinions are being directed to individuals by indiviuals in a way that I do not think this site was intended. I should not be sticking my nose where it does not belong but I love this site for its integrety and what it was designed for. There are great fishermen who are willing to share secrets, experience, successes as well as falures.There is a lot of humer. Every member has a PM and any responses that are personal should be sent via PM. It will prevent from having rebuddles that most of us do not want to read. There is nothing wrong if we do not agree all the time but lets not allow our opinions to stir up bad feelings.

I appreciate all who go the extra mile to promote Lake Ontario and the surrounding communities.

I will shut up before I get in trouble.

Have a quality day... :):) and a beer :beer::beer:

Howie

Jeff and Howie,

I apologize to all who were offended or felt that it was inappropriate for my last post. I irks me when people take things that aren’t theirs and present them as their own. Nobody knows the years and tens of thousands of dollars spent and who thinks they have the right just to take it? I also overreacted after talking to people I have known for over 20 years who were unaware of being listed as weigh stations. My bad. It won’t happen again and will limit my comments to the thread dealing with the proposed LOC event.

Thanks

Dave Chilson

I've happened across a few local tackle shops which also happen to be LOC weigh stations recently who have known nothing about this. I contacted Dave today on a separate issue and also brought this up, he did not have a derogatory nature to his voice concerning the new derby. Dave is one to know of the tremendous leg-work that will need to be done to bring this to life for all of us to enjoy. Lets hope for the best, lots of possible cash up for grabs this season !!!

Tom

dave,

Thanks for trying to kill the messanger..Let me help you get your facts straight. I am a part of the comittee in this derby, NOT THE WHOLE THING.. I am simply passing on info to fellow fisherman so they can have the most up to date info as possable. Everyone has asked what the deal was and i simply replied to the question asked. As you and Tom are both aware Bob and Tim fisher are the co owners of this tournement. dont tell me that u werent.I have been asked to get involved to help them from an outside perspective and for the life of the tourney. The rules will definatley be some what close in definition but not the same to what the original $1000.00 derby had which in turn also look alot like like yours as well. Was there a problem there too? As far as your tackle shops are concerned after talking with bob and tim most of them have been notified and have made comittments to be on board with this. I have no controll over that part of the tourney. As for your scales its really no problem for us to get our own and destribute them were needed. This is a big lake and there is plenty of room for everyone to fish and there certianly is nothing wrong with having fun trying to make a few bucks by winning the daily event. The money will most likely be spent back in the fishing community at some point. Maybe even on the A TOM MIK FLIES> So its good for the lake. and those who make there living off of it. right tom We already been working on new rule language so dont get your panties in a bunch.. The verbage you are reading was placed there for the sole purpose of getting web site space that would be needed. We dont want to copy nor do we want to ever use someone elses stuff...It certianly would be nice to have some cooperation from both sides dont you think. You can reach Bob anytime with questions or concerns at 585-637-8216 ..same number that tom listed on his very first report about this. Seems he was one of the few that new about this first and was also excited about it..in fact i believe tom was going to retire....lol.

You can contact me as well if you choose too.I have nothing to hide.

585-749-2073

Thanks

Mav

Good stuff Maverick, thanks for your work and interest, it will benefit us all I agree with you !! I also sent along an Email to Bob looking for a possible future sponsorship package of some kind from us to help his derby in some way.

Believe it or not there are derbies around that only allow you to fish one derby at a time, not cool in my personal opinion. It is good to know that will not be the case with the LOC or the $1000/day !!!

Please keep us posted, many eager ears around !!! We want this, It is good stuff for us all !!! I will spread the word in my community, as I stated I have brought it up to tackle shops ever since I first read a column from Bill Hilts a while ago, right up until most recently I have inquired. If I can add a banner or anything from my site just let me know.

Maverick, sent you a pm

Tom

I also would like to thank you Chris. With your involement with the $1000/day derby I am sure it will run smooth and be a successful event for the anglers on Ontario. Dave, thank you,the LOC is a great event and with the addition of the $1200/day addition makes it that more intising. I applaud the on going work by the Pro/Am committee to improve and draw more teams which will make 2010 an exciting and fun season.

We all need to thank all of the hard work and dedication all the committees in there respected events not only for the upcoming challenges on the lake but the impact these events will have on the community during these finacial hard times. I am confident that the committees will eventually work together so these events will continue to grow and be successful. :yes::clap::clap:

Howie

$1000 Day Derby Questions/Answers

The $1000 Day Derby is one of the Vendors participating in the LOTSA Fishing Expo on February 28th. They will be holding an open Question/Answer session at 12:30 at the Expo to address any questions anyone has. You can sign up at the show for the early bird special rate of $80 for the season. They have also donated a season's pass for one of the hourly door prizes that everyone who walks through the door is eligible to win. You can see all of the details on the Expo at http://www.lotsa.org .

Tim

Tim,

Thanks for getting the news out.

Also would like to pass on some info. The CARRY OVER RULE is back in effect as of 1/27/10. BOB Tim and I felt it would be better to have it then to leave it out..Thats good news.

Also:

Charter captians are exempt from purchasing a ticket. If the charter captian and 1 first mate aboard his vessle does not wish to collect any payouts from this tournement they do not have to purchase a ticket..They will have to have the ticket with them at all times and clearly marked as a " FREE" pass so that if there clients wish to fish this tourney all parties will be in.

The captian who is lucky enough to have a regestered client put up the biggest fish for the month will recieve 1000.00 dollars from the tournement.

If the captian and his 1 mate wish to collect a daily payout from this tourney then they are responsable for purchasing a tourney ticket like everyone else.

Captians who recieve a free pass are not eligable to win any prize money what so ever on a daily basis. They are however qualified for the big fish award at the end of the month.

All rules and regulations must be followed as set forth by touney comittee..

You can get more info at the lotsa event stop by my booth to chat or just find your way into the seminar room. lol We will do our best to answer all and any questions you might have.

Fish on

MAV

Maverick there's a post on Spoonpullers which states there is a Weigh Station on the Canadian side of the Lake & at least one more in the process. There are a lot of boys on the North side that are dying to get in on this derby. Can you confrim this.

Blue,

Yes thats exactly rite. We are currently trying to get weigh stations at St catherines almost and including grimsby as of right now thats were it stands. We are putting together a list middle of next week of who exactly will be weighing the fish for you. When i get this list i will post asap. We are doing everything we can to get it done for ya so please be patient we still got time :)

MAV

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So since I signed up for the derby at the Lotsa show back in February and now you are only promising $1000 for May 1st and second ONLY, what are the daily prizes going to be on May 3rd- the end of the derby now? I'm sure many others are interested in knowing also. Thank's- Mike