2010 Pay Every Day Derby thread

I see on the site what you are talking about and found this in the rules. I guess till they would reach the 1,700 total it would be as stated in rule #25. A good question would be how many are signed up now !!

From there site :

#25. The derby will pay out 70% of all proceeds from registrations up to $1000 per day. We estimate that the $1000 per day level will be reached at approximately 1700 registrants. PEDD reserves the right to add additional out of pocket cash to the daily prize prior to the 1700 level. When 2000 participants are reached, PEDD will be adding other prizes. PEDD will also be paying a monthly cash prize of up to $1000 to the registered charter captain if the largest fish of the month is caught by a client of a charter captain. Please check the website daily for additional announcements.

NOTE:

PEDD FAIRNESS POLICY: In the event that there are not enough registrations at the start of the derby to pay out $1000 per day, we will issue a second check on June 15th to all previous daily winners. The second check amount will be based on the total number of registrants as of June 15th averaged out over the previous 46 days. With this policy, we will not be punishing the registrants who had faith enough to register prior to our reaching the $1000 pay out.

Gentleman,

The money was and is guarenteed for payouts. The derby decided to guarentee a thousand dollars for the first 2 days of their derby as many of you have more questions and concerns about the statice of the derby rather than paying the money to get entered. The derby is goin to be an annual event for years to come so get used to it. lol.The 70% payout guarantees you get paid and the derby still has room to work. Thats what everyone wants.. to get paid. thats what we are doing. But as long as people will procrastinate about the payout and are too afraid of buying in for a lousy 100.00 bucks for the year the tournement has no choice but to payout 70% of the total take. again this is done for the sole purpose of having the ability to keep paying so no one gets rear ended.. So buy in and get paid. As of today i dont have the total number for you. I am not involved with the financial end of things sorry about that. So again so many are afraid of loosing out like they did on the last one and thats not what this derby is about we are working very hard to keep it goin and we will. but the taste that the last derby has left in peoples mouths has also left doubt. People have also been doing a great job of trying to trash this tourney as well. So i suggest to all to send emails ask questions and you will have all the answers you will need. So please get your tickets and stop procrastinating and everyone will win.

Thanks

chris :beer:

I could not agree with Chris more.

Andrea won on the first day and will receive her check for a 1,000 dollars. If we as fisherman don't support this derby we are only hurting ourselves.

We all like the opportunity to fish for the big king and in this derby, you know if you caught it. To say nothing of being paid for it.

My personal opinion is that you can't expect a derby to pay out more than it takes in,it's only good business. Having talked with Bob Fisher the derby leader he is not going any where.

Let's all get in this derby and make it happen on Lake Ontario.

Dave B

My girlfriend won on day 2 while we were fishing on the gorgeous Zip and Zim! I say GET IN THIS DERBY!!!!! Bob called Marlene that night to congradulate her and we had a nice long discussion, we are very pleased that this derby is back!!

Hi

Just found this forum and this derby sounds nice! I have read this thread from beginning to end and been on the derby web site but I'm still confused. I see that $1000 was paid the first two days and that was great! But I'm having a hard time figuring out what would be paid like if someone won today or tomorrow. I'm not great with math and when I read that "70% of monies collected would be paid out" I'm not really sure what that means. Could somebody tell me what the daily pay out is?

Thanks and there is tons of great info on here.

Jim

jim,

it goes like this. The derby wants to pay out a thousand dollars a day to the daily winner. The payout is based on how many enterance there are in the derby at the present time. If the number of enterants are lower than what is needed to pay a thousand dollars than the winner will be paid 70% of the total money paid into the derby. Bob Fisher paid the first 2 days a thousand buck each for promotions because the derby has not had enough enterants to meet the criteria for a 1000,00 pay out at this time but it is coming. The sooner people get off there butts and enter the sooner we can start paying the 1000.00 a day. To many people are more concerned about the payout before they have even caught the winning fish. As far as i am concerned any money won is better than nothing at all....50 or a 1000.00 just my oppinion. But hey what do i know....

Thanks

Chris

chris,

Thank you for writing me and please excuse me for not understanding. I only have fished crappiethons and smaller events but me and my buddy usually do pretty good and wanted to try fishing ontario derbys. Last year we got some downriggers and yellow birds and have caught a few brown trout and salmon.

But for the two of us that would be $200 bucks and if we can only win $50 bucks we would have to win 4 times to get our money back, and we ain't that good! I didn't realize that was how ontario derbys were run. The only tournaments I have fished they told you how much you could win before hand and I guess it is not bad, just different than what I know. It just seems to me that a lot of people would wait until the money got higher to enter. I'm a noob! Thank you again for your speedy reply and good luck!

Jim