2010 Pay Every Day Derby thread

The first year of the old derby every thing seemed to go fine. We were paid for our winning catches. Year two as I recall in the end of July beginning of August the derby organizers stopped paying.

The derby was fun and it added some extra excitement to fishing. The only problem was for Andrea and others it was king fishing only.

I hope that the new derby organizers follow thru and do what they say, what ever that is.

Good Luck

Dave and Andrea

Dream Chasers

I for one will sit back here and wait to see how this gets structured as far as rules and entry fees and especially how and when there will be payouts.

A $1000/day is a lot of money and money tends to bring the worst out of people at times. I just hope that this derby does not hurt the support that this website offers to inexperienced and struggling fishermen when they ask for guidance. I know that I personnaly owe a load of thanks to the fishermen on this site who have helped us get more consistance in boating fish on a daily bases. Usually during the LOC and Tournaments things quiet down a little which is understandable.

Just thinking outloud.......... :yes::yes:

Howie

Dude I use to not tell anyone anything but now I tell everyone everything . I read a book about an old flyfisherman who said that if you are on a fly that is taking and someone next to you is not to give him a few. He will only cacth fish to his own ability and he will respect you for it& that may be you someday. If i tell a guy somthing that helps him get the big one , good for him I'm happy for him . What goes around comes around. I want to get back into derby fishing & thought on my off days in the summer i would get in, . Don't know now. About spring & fall , if they are still behind on payout like I am reading I would watch out. I heard same thing from a few builders I worked for and got screwed from .They were paying me for the house I just finnished with a house they did not sell yet. A ponzi scheme so to speak. I will wait to enter till the last minute & see how it goes. I'm gunshy. New guys might do better.

Dude I use to not tell anyone anything but now I tell everyone everything . I read a book about an old flyfisherman who said that if you are on a fly that is taking and someone next to you is not to give him a few. He will only cacth fish to his own ability and he will respect you for it& that may be you someday. If i tell a guy somthing that helps him get the big one , good for him I'm happy for him . What goes around comes around. I want to get back into derby fishing & thought on my off days in the summer i would get in, . Don't know now. About spring & fall , if they are still behind on payout like I am reading I would watch out. I heard same thing from a few builders I worked for and got screwed from .They were paying me for the house I just finnished with a house they did not sell yet. A ponzi scheme so to speak. I will wait to enter till the last minute & see how it goes. I'm gunshy. New guys might do better.

If this derby was being run by the same people, I would be a little hesitant in signing up. It is a different owner. The first year of the derby was a good one. If the owner did not try to expand it as fast as he did, it might still be here.

• 1 month later...

Gentleman.

I am pleased to announce that we have a new $1000.00 a day Derby. YES ITS OFFICIAL. :o You can begin your online regestrations on Feb 1 2010..@ payeverydayderby.com You will also be able to regester and ask any questions you may have..at this years Lotsa event at the cornell co-operative ext. on rt 78 in newfane ny. on Feb 28 2010.Stop by my booth to chat.

If someone can make this a new thread for me and add the link that would be great. for some reason i cant get my computer to do this for me tonight.

Good Luck to all..

MAVERICK.. :rofl::rofl::rofl::yes::yes::yes::yes::clap::clap::clap::beer:

gentlemen,

You can pay each day if you wish wen you can fish or you can buy in for the year. the pricing is as follows if i am correct.

35.00 for each individual day

100.00 for the year.

There are also early bird specials on feb 1 2010 for anyone interested in that. pricing will be a bit different for early birds.

go to web site payeveryday.com on feb 1, 2010 and the web page should be complete and ready for ticket sales.. right now they are still working some bugs out but it will be ready by the first. Thats what been talked about.

The new owners are very aggressive people who are trying to plan this event for years to come. please be patient if questions are not answered every day as we all have alot to do.. please feel free to stop by and visit with us at the LOTSA flea market in newfane on feb 28

Thanks

MAV

i like the roll over set up they have going could stack right up and if your late coming in with a big one you can bring it in the next day , always here guys with storys of the big one after LOC hour's looks like its going too be a good year ! :)

Gentlemen,

As of right now there will be no carry over money. Instead we are working to pay more than that out. We are currently working on and im sure that this will come to be part of tourney a monthly winner as well as a spring summer and fall winner all of whom will recieve an additional 1000.00. also there will be a big fish awarded for the year which is going to pay big money..how much well we wont know until we get this going. But there will be moneys spent up and down the board. The guys who fish in the spring and win will not be left out either. We know that spring fish can not compete very well with summer and fall fish so we will aslo be paying the lower bunch as well. how many places we wont know again until we are running and ticket sales are recieved. the more purchased the more payed out. were trying to get as much paid back to us as possable. we have great ideas that will make this a fun tourney with a chance at some nice cash for everyone.

Also I am working on offering a bad weather privlage which is as follows

If in the event that you are blown off the lake or are unable to compete for the day in which you choose to fish we are offering to you a chance to carry your ticket over into the next day without having to pay again.If you bring your tickets to the place of purchase on the blow off day before 9 am they will time and date stamp it and give you a free pass to fish the following day. The following day only. If you do not get your tickets stamped in the allowed time frame then you loose out. Pay attention to the time..

i am also working on a nice package for charter captians as well...more to follow on that

Will get back to you on the canadian weigh stations.

Thanks Mav

looks good Maverick... definetly a lot of thought & work has gonna into this

Sounds like it has been very well thought out. Would love to see a scale or two on this side of the pond..... we'd like to play also!! :yes:

Nothing wrong with a little friendly North vs South competition ;) the addition of Canadian scales would also add more monies to the pot

(16) For the Pay Every Day Derby, agrees that the minimum weight a salmon, brown trout, lake trout or rainbow trout must weigh is (22) pounds from 5/1 until 6/15, fish must weigh a minimum of twenty five (25) pounds for entry in the Derby from 6/16 until 9/6. The prize will be paid out each day for the single largest fish. In the event a fish is not weighed in on a given in the prize from that day will be rolled over to the next day. This will continue until an eligible fish is caught and weighed in. ---- found this under rule's are they not final yet ???