Yankee Update - Thumbs up!

My father continues to show great improvements. He has been moved out of the ICU for 2 days now. His eyes are open, and he can look in the direction of voices. He has responded well to the doctors when they ask him to wiggle his thumb, which they say is great. He still seems very tired by the end of the day because you have to ask him to open his eyes. He can nod yes and no to answer questions. It looks to me like its killing him to be in there. The doctors have had him in this big chair for a few hours each day doing physical therapy on him. My uncle Eric said my father watched a nurse walk by him yesterday turning his head and all. You can also see a depression in his head from the swelling going down.

Again, I want to thank all of my LOU family for the great prayers and cards. It means a lot to us.

Great news. One of my life long friends fell on his head on December 26th last year and I went through all the things you are going through. At first they didn't think he was going to make it as he was on life support for a week, he was in a coma for 3 weeks and they removed a piece of his scull so till the swelling went down, he slowly but surely got better little by little just like your father, one day I went to see him it was like a light bulb went off and a miracle happened and he was better by 75%. It was amazing. He was back at home in 3 months time. Just shy of a year later he is almost back to normal he is forgetful at times and has some shoulder damage from the fall and his vision on the one side isn't all that great but as far as everything else goes he's pretty damn good. I know another guy who had TBI from a car accident and same thing happened bad then a lightbulb went off and he improved greatly litterly overnight. Although he's not family he was like a brother to me as he lived 8 doors up and we have been friends since we where 4 years old we're both now 30 and have been through life together every step of the way. Although he's not 100% the same guy I'll take it and he knows he's lucky to be alive and I thank god that he is still living....he will keep getting better and it's VERY SLOW at this point but a day will come when the improvement turn into leaps and bounds after the swelling comes down and from what your saying he's on his way there already....speaking from experience just thought I would share a story with you that these injury's have a way of working themselves out in a weird way.

Kevin

That's great progress for that type of trauma. Great to hear.

I think you may be on to something with the "Spin Nurses" try shortening the

hem with glow back and see if that generates more action. Could be a whole new tackle selection.

Larry

Great News YT!

I lost my father years ago now to lung cancer, and two father's of long-time

fishing crew in the last two years. All meant the world to me. I really glad

your father is showing signs of improvement.....and he's got enough time

now until it gets warm again to recover and be ready to fish! The best wishes

of the Dunkirk crew are with your dad, you and your family!

John