Hot lures of this past season

I am going to be gearing up for next season soon, (you can never be too early and now is the best time for deals) and I was just wondering what you guys had for hot lures that worked well. I am wondering about the best colors of j-plugs, spin doctor and flie combos, and spoons. Thanks for any info.

Here is the problem....what was hot in 2007 wasn't in 2008. So, i am guessing that what will be hot in 2010 isn't what was hot in 2009! That's why our tackle boxes grow over the years! :rofl::rofl:

Green, Green, Green!

Spoons - Gator's, NBK's, SSW's

Paddles - Anything with dots

Flies - Hammer, Glow Hammer, Wiggler, Green Hypnotist, Green Crinkle, Ultra Green Glow

My memory is shot right now, so unless I go back and read my reports this is what I can give ya.

Yankee nailed it.

What was hot in 2009 will probably still take fish in 2010 but there will also be other new colors out or a new attractor etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seemed to have pretty good luck with Mountain Dew Spin Doctors, with Hammers.

I would run 'em in a V pattern, right at/in temp. Had three sets of doubles one day running with that set up. :)

Scott

• 4 weeks later...

If you went on 100 different boats, there would be 100 different favorite lures to choose from. Be creative- tape the stock spoons to meet your taste- sometimes a big ol eye or a strip of glow/green is all it needs. Most of the popular spoons are discovered by accident. Also, if you know somethings works, stick with it- It'll fire again. Remember, you cannot fish the radio, just worry about yourself.

Interestingly, I worked for a charter for 7 years, and none of his favorites are mine.....

That being said, I think that you will find that a particular brand of spoon gives you the action you like- and stingers and savant spoons happen to work for me, as do Atomik Flies with my own special combination of beads. This may be because i tend to run a specific speed, but who knows