Winter Boat Blocking

Boatino

I recently had my Grady White Marlin winterized and shrinkwrapped for the winter. The marina left the boat on a yard trailer. Yesterday I noticed the boat hull strakes were sitting on the wood of the trailer. I asked the marina and they said this happens all the time. Am I over-reacting about this? I just don't want to uncover the boat in April/May and have hull strake damage. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Thanks Hans. I did a post on Great Grady but I need to figure out how to post some pics. When I stopped at the marina to take some pictures yesterday, I think I might be over-reacting. Just with the boat being new I really didn't want any unforeseen problems. If that is possible with boats. April can't come soon enough. By the time I closed on the boat it was shipped back here just in time to winterize it for the season ;( I'm sure you'll see me out there off Irondequoit next summer. I hope I can handle the size, it's a big step up for me.

John

I'm guessing a pair of 250 Yami's on the back? It won't be easy to maneuver a 30 footer with them... my stern drives do a great job on the 25 footer backing into the dock, but in a crosswind, once the bow starts to go, it goes in a hurry and I can't get out of it. You'll just have a higher Grady bow to catch the wind and even more mass... you learn to compensate the best you can.

Where will you be docking?

It's looking like Shumway right now. Surprisingly they're the cheapest on the river. The boat is being stored at Mcmillan on Empire right now. Yeah a pair of 250's on the back. It should be an adventure around the dock. Back in the 80's & 90's we had a 26 ft. Searay Amberjack with twin I/O's and that actually handled pretty good around the dock. I know the outboards are closer together so I don't know if I'll be able to work them against each other to help maneuver. Either way spring can't get here soon enough.... See you on the water.

John