Howdy

AFTroller

Name: Dave Mull

Home Port: New Buffalo MI

Boat Name/Type: Troll-Boy, 21-foot Starcraft Mariner

I fish for: Anything that bites, but mostly salmon, steelhead and lakers.

==================

As a big fan of fishing on Lake Ontario, it will be good to stay in touch with what's going on at this end of the Great Lakes!

Hey dave been trying to run that 27 copper rig i saw in your mag. GREAT LAKES ANGLER ,,,,I now have 27 lbs of scrap copper in the bin,,and 27 hrs trying to untangle it. Now im back to bobbers and worms due to fustration,i hope your happy with yourself :lol: ,,,,Guess its ok to give a plug to the" Great Laker Anglers" magazine it has some pretty good ideas and tips for the beginners and some Interesting topics and new techniques for the seasoned fishermen ,and some good adds for( the impatent)...And Most of all thank you for your support and sponcership to the lake ontario PRO/AMS and i think the scotty,s too. (ps.. move the curser across the christmass lights and turn your vol. up first)

Welcome Dave, I must admit I used to be a GLA forum guy, but after arriving here I knew this was the place for me. Not to say there was anything wrong with that forum, its just that this is where i fish as does almost everyone else here so it stands to reason I would stay here.

And another thing, no one over there was ever was able to duplicate "Adirondack Salmon Chowder" ALA' Musky Bob... :yes::yes::yes::yes: Give it a try Dave. BTW, love the magazine, mandatory late winter reading. :yes:

Well,glad you guys like the magazine and don't mind reading ads, too. B'lieve me, it's an issue-by-issue battle with my boss to get more pages of stories in there! Sorry about the 27 pounds of copper--that's worth something you know.

We do have some cool things coming up--the Jan/Feb issue has a story on a fixed slider set-up that is one of those "why didn't I think of that" good ideas to avoid tangles.

Hope to be ready to assault Lake O next year!

Dave Mull

Ill give ya some stories,map reading with "Muskybob",fishing bumpy water with "fisherman", How to fish a PRO/AM with 4 er um 3 rookies on board, Why does my copper rig keep getting shorter when newbies put it out ?, Should I make 90 deg turns with 600 ft copper out in 4 ft waves ??Whats speed got to do with it ? Why do i have to tell the driver guy to watch the speed unit 2 ft from his face from the back of the boat ??? Whats does that compass thingy do? Boy Its Hard to keep the boat straight while drinking coffee,smoking a ciggerate,eating cheetos,adjusting the radio,and talking on the cell phone,,,But if i bought a autopiolet id have to elimanate 1 crew and my share of the entry fee would go up...

In my youth id experiance the turtle head syndrome just suck it in till i can get to a reststop,,,,,,,,Now its browntrout on a spawn run syndrome, the head sticks out and you better be near (10 sec. from) good spawing grounds or youll be very uncomfortable :(

Ray:

Some fine article ideas there! We've gpt one similar true-life topic already scheduled:

"Picking a boat driver so good she can get a port-side copper ON A CHURCH BOARD tangled with a starboard wire dipsy."

It was just a $500 entry tournament. No biggie!

dm