mounting kicker bracket

Tripleduece50

Any one got any tips for mounting a kicker bracket? I am mounting this to a trophy with a I/O. Is there one side better than the other. I realize weight distribution should be considered. Other than that any other consideration I should know of prior to picking a side? Thanks in advance.

TD

Check steering clearing full lock to lock if your going to use an EZ Steer make sure nothing binds up, also height as far as waterline goes, don't want the motor to far in the water. Hopefully someone with your boat will chime in with some pics...try and learn from someone else's mistakes (if they made any)

I had a Yamaha kicker on my 22 Trophy hardtop,and mounted it on the starboard side.I did this because it was a remote control electric start with shift and throttle controls,and I had the control box up front next to my I/O controls.

It's much easier to run the control cables and the power cable up under the gunwale on the same side as the kicker. this way you don't have to run them across the back of the transom from the port side.

I did the same with my new boat and it works great.

If you're mounting it on an adjustable bracket,make sure it clears the water when you bring it up.Also important is to have the prop deep enough.A little to deep is better than not deep enough.it's only a kicker,so it won't affect anything performance wise anyway,and the prop will get a better bite.

I balance out the weight when trolling by shifting the cooler to one side or another,although the kicker hardly affects the weight distribution of my boat.It's barely noticeable.It was much more of an issue with the Trophy,but it's not a major problem.You can move people and/or tacle around to compensate for it.

I also use an EZ-Steer from the outdrive to the kicker,it works perfectly.

Here's a few pictures,the first is on my previous boat (Trophy),and the second is on my new boat (Seacraft)The pictures are a little deceiving on the Seacraft red boat.It looks like the kicker is lower than it really is,but the anti cavitation plte is only abot an inch below the bottom of the hull. Hope this helps.

22' 1987 TROPHY

Scan12_0012_012.jpg

23' SeaCraft Tsunami

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1714.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I mounted mine on the rear port side. I used a Garalick bracket which I set just above the scuppers. I used an aluminum plate on the inside as bracing. Not the best picture but I hope it helps. Mounted on 2005 Trophy 2352.

Good luck

Jim

1pzQk9.jpg

Here is another option for a kicker mount that I went with after I played with the manual lift type brackets. Had it a couple season now with good performance. A little pricy but built like a battle ship. Also use the TrollMaster for throttle control. Setup works good for my style boat.

http://www.jrmarineproducts.com/

Pics show rear and side shots with the kicker in both the up & down positions. Unit raises the kicker high enough so that its completly out of the water when the boat is on plane.

1FB4U0.jpg

1FBmm0.jpg

1WBB9.jpg