My boy's first buck 6pt

mschott

My boy had a snow day from school on wend. the 9th and we gave it our all and about 2 in the afternoon this buck finally cooperated with us and gave him a shot. It was a broad side shot at about 80 yd's . He was aiming for the heart/lung area and managed to get just a little too far back . Tracked the buck for maybe 200 yards and found very little blood , decided to wait till morning.Thank god there was snow on ground or i never would have found him.I called the school and had them the give him the message. He thought he was in trouble when he got called down to the office.

5stEJ.jpg

Thanks for all the congrats !! It was a special moment i will remember always and i'm sure he will too. He wanted to shoot his first buck with his great grandads 30-30 but the deer was a little out of his comfort zone using only peepsites.He saved his doe tag for the late flintlock season both of us can't wait for that .

Good job kid on yer first buck, but just remember the next time dad needs some help after he made you go to school instead of letting you help find your deer..OK kid step up to the keyboard and give us your version of how the hunt went...IE: "my dad was so nervus" he hit the gun as i pulled the trigger making me hit further back..