The one ive been chasing for 2 years

ray koziatek

3OotS.jpg

bummer for me not to get him the kid holding the deer was a neighbor (kinda wild kid) It was shot about 300 yds from me sunday morning passing 3 texasbullseyes on him is 2nd guessing not taking the shot....oh well now i gotta focus on the little 10 pt ive been seeing in bow season ,the 10 pt is a nice deer too but i really put a lot of time in on this one and you can see why :( , they say it will go 170 to 180 but i havent got to see it up close yet (outa the woods) this deer let me get within 20 yds 3 times in 2 years before putting it in 4 wheel drive through the brush giving me that 1 sec rear flag, 1 jump and he was outa site ,guess thats how he got so big,who knows how many times he let omganothershortfatbaldone (bald eagle) pass by...ill try to get some better pics and measurement info from the guy who got it........

i agree the guy who said the score is kinda a bs er ,,mine taken 2 yrs earlier was 131 and only a 8 pt so i think if this is a good 8 its definatly a 150 plus the kid holding it is kinda big 5 ft 10 260 lbs but i need to see it or better pics before i give it a shoot from the hip score

Ray Really nice buck but I don't think it will come close to scoring in the 170 to 180 range. The NYS big buck club record for an eight point is 165 . I have a pic of it and this buck doesn't appear to be anything close to it. It takes a heck of an 8 point even to be 140. Get it offically scored.

GOOD NEWS ,JUST found out pappa is still there ,after some investagative work i was told a 12 pt very simular rack was 20 yds behind this one that jumped after the shot and ran ....still havent seen the 8 pt from the backside to see if it was the one ive seen hmm game on tuesday... maybe monday morn too :lol: i know the one i saw was big mass sorta like one i got 10 yrs ago ill get a pic...brb...

Ray, You had better get those bones all spun together into a chandelier for the wife and hurry up about it. Then tell her you been workin on it since her B-day and give it to her ASAP or you might be SOL for the next session on the lap and gittin yer hair smoothed :lol:

Are those mostly from Indy?

Ray, you're lucky to have antlers or a mount in you're house. My wife told me a long time ago that unless I wanted a collection of bones from all the roasts she triumphed over covering the kitchen walls I better leave my "bones" outside! "Fish, birds and deer are very good to eat" she once said, "but after cleaning up from the meal I don't want whats left hanging around the house". I rationalize this situation by figuring that all the time and $$ I could have put into racks and mounts has gone into various other "recreational" endeavors!