Next Chautauqua Musky Cash Tourney June 19th,2010

The Tourney is totaly Catch & Release! Individual Entry,Each Entry can Enter their (1)One Longest Muskie and can win only one prize.Someone in the Tournament must wittness another Tourney Fishermen's Release Form.Only Muskies 40 inches and over are eligibale to win the prices.Tournament hours are Midnight to 4:00 p.m. June 19th. All release forms must be turned in at Long Point State Park by 5:00 pm to be counted for the Prize Money.If your registered you don't have to check in anywhere before you start fishing.Incase of a tie by having two fish caught that are of equal legnth,the fish caught with the earliest time will be the winner,the later caught fish will bump down.Tourney Packet with Release Forms,Map of Lake and Rules will be mailed on May 15th to all Tourney Entrants.Those in by April 1st pay $30 Entry Fee and go into the Drawing for a St.Croix Avid Rod of their choice,after April 1st the Entry Fee goes up to $40 with $10 going directly to the Bait Fish Fund!

Capt. Larry

• 2 weeks later...

talked to newman from wbee 92.5 fm and sent him all the links to the opening day tourney. i thought this could give us a huge buzz if he decides to fish with us and talk about it on the radio. this could make it more well known in this area. when speaking to him he said he has time to learn before the tourney date. sounded like he wanted to do it and he liked that $ went towards the fishery. it could also get more hits on this page as i told him about this site and how people talk about all sorts of fishing. hopefully i can get off chads bad side after this :*

Hahahah - thanks Zach :* That is funny you talked to Newman, because my fiancee also talked to him last fall on WBEE about fishing. She was all excited to be on the air and Newman certainly seemed interested in fishing despite having not done much of it in the past before.

As of 1:30 pm on March 31,2010 there are 87 Entrees to the Chautauqua Musky Cash Tournament.All 87 Entrees + any PayPal or Post Marked by April 1st(mailing now may be to late for the mail to arive by Friday) Entrees will be in the Drawing for the St.Croix Avid Rod of Choice to the Lucky Winner! I will put the names of all that have entered on individual movie tickets and toss them in a coffee can,take them to Howard Wagners Spring Fling,shake it up and have someone that is not fishing in the Tourney Draw one Ticket for the Winner!That Winner will be notified on Sunday that they won and they can look at the St.Croix Avid Series Online or I can mail them a Catolog to choose their rod from.There still is time to get in the Tourney and in on the Drawing via PayPal.Notice:Those who have not sent in their Tourney Entry Fee may bring it to the Spring Fling on Saturday April 3rd and still get in on the Drawing for the Avid Rod Drawing(snail mail must arive by Friday April 2nd) I'm sure this Tourney will sell out,only 13 spots left!

Chad please reset the PayPal to $40 on April 1st!

Thanks,Capt. Larry D. Jones

Mostly Muskies Charters & Guide Service

http://www.mostlymuskies.com

• 2 weeks later...

We are only 5 spots away from a full field of 100 Tourney Entrants. Sitting here thinking of ways to make up the last $2000+ dollars needed to reach our final goal of $6000.00,I can up with this idea. If we let 25 more Tourney Entrants in at $40 each,after the full field of 100,we could raise $1000.00 additional Bait Fish Funds if we put those funds raised directly into the Fund and left the prize structure where it is set for 100 Entrants.If we were to do this would anyone complain that the prize structure stays the same?

Capt. Larry

We will go with the extra 25 Tourney Entrants raising the Full Field to 125 and hopefuly fill those extra spots and raise $1000.00 more dollars for the Bait Fish Fund. We need everyone to try and get someone that has not signed up yet to get in!

Thanks,Capt. Larry

• 3 weeks later...

We still have open spots for the Chautauqua Musky Cash Tournament June 19th. Either use PayPal from the Link in the Main Tourney Thread up in the Sticky section,top of this Tread on LOU or make out a check for $40 per Entrant to "Mostly Muskies" and mail to Capt. Larry D. Jones, 268 Harrison Ave, Buffalo, NY 14223

The Tourney Packets will be mailed out on May 15th to those who have already signed up.

Notice:Long Point State Park Launch will be open,but the NY State Parks Dept. will not issue Tournament Permit because the upper parking lots can no longer be used,area is closed.So Long Point Launch is a first come first use deal,once the parking area is full it will be closed for the day to any others wanting to launch.So if you plan to launch at Long Point State Park,get there very early to be sure to get a parking spot.Pay your launch fee and bring it to me after the Tourney ends at the Awards Presentation and I'll return your money to you.Other launches available are Mayville(Bluegrass Festival canceled),Prendergast,Bemus Point and Celeron.

Because the Shelter Area of Long Point is Closed we will have to find another place for the Awards Presentation.We are looking at many different options with parking for vehicles with boats attached and will post it here when we make the final choice,the location will also be mailed out in the Tourney Packet on May 15th

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'm a little behind posting about the Tourney here. We decided to go to 150 Entrants,so far we have 114 Entrants.Every Entrant from now to June 19th is $40 directly into the Chautauqua Bait Fish Fund! So we need everyone's help to get others to Enter the Tourney,if you know someone that fishes muskies and they are not in the Tourney please talk them into joining us!

Capt. Larry

Were at 115 Entrants as of May 25th,we need some help from all of you to get 35 more Entrants by June 19th.

So everyone try to get some one you know that is not in the Tourney to sign up! Every Entrant from now to the Tourney date of June 19th is $40 directly to the Bait Fish Fund!

Thanks, Capt. Larry

• 2 weeks later...

We need one or two persons to do the grilling of hotdogs,hamburgers and Italian sausage from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm at Mayville Park Awards Presentation. Please post here or call me at 716-432-0198 if you can help!

We now have 119 Entrants to the Tourney!

Thanks, Capt. Larry