Next Chautauqua Musky Cash Tourney June 19th,2010

Zach -

It was good seeing you guys at the Chautauqua opener. You put on a clinic out there and had a GREAT day! I thought that I recognized Kevin there. I haven't seen him in years... but its funny he remebers the 20lb+ rainbow I have mounted. Kevin grew up on the same street as my family (West Bend in Greece) a few houses down. I knew the Jamison family for years as my younger brother (Todd) played hocked with Kev for about 6 years and my mom was good friends with Kev's mom. Great to see him trying out some Musky fishing with some good success.

I think your boat alone proved what great shape the musky fishery is in here in upstate NY. I am hoping to get some pictures of some of other winning fish from the tournament posted up here. I will post as soon as any of them come in and I am sure Larry will do the same.

Congrats again on the great opener - you couldn't have a better start to 2010 :yes::beer::clap:

We too had a great time at chautauqua for the opener.Managed just the one fish(less the bass off chaut.pt) and a solid hit but did`nt hold on a glide bait) up in mayville trolling a nice 45"fish that placed 6th.Came on a 5"muskellunch which we lost the next day ;(;( that lure had caught 2 fish..one in waneta @ 41"and this 45 from chautauuqa-I NEED TO ORDER MORE!!Great day to be fishing and good conversation among friends.Hats off to Larry for a well run tourney and a fantastic turnout.Lee and wendy...way to keep the food flowing-great job!

Sol

T6uUr.jpg

bob- i will sell you the 6 i have if you want- i am only running wileys and musky rockets for the immediate future. let me know, i have some decent colors. lex's fish hit a 5" wiley deep diver that has caught 7 for us in one year. its the short fatboy and for $100 i wouldn't sell it. bob- check out those musky rockets, i couldn't be happier w/ a lure and if your a pain in the a$$ like i am he will even do a special color for you, it just takes alittle longer, best baits going right now, i plan on selling alot of lures to stock up on the musky rockets. bty i was so jealous of your big one one saturday it wasn't even funny! nice catch again, that musky in your pics is as pretty as they get! :clap:

Zach,

I'm embarrassed to say but the one fish we did get (36") flopped out of my hands and over the side of the boat right before we were about to take the picture! I have never had that happen before but this was a lively one for sure who was ready to go back quick.

This is the best picture I got the entire weekend... :lol:

muskie_babies.jpg

where is that pic from? think those goldfish are nervous in there? i was reading on muskyhunter that back in the day they had muskies in ponds where you could buy frogs and minnows to feed them in wis. heck, i'd be throwing in frogs until my arm got sore if i went to that pond.

bob- i haven't seen any for sale for some time now. chad- dont feel bad, my dad and i spent a week on the french river musky fishing and i got a 48" that flopped outta my hands and the only pic was it falling outta my hands back into the water. was the only fish i touched that whole week of casting big heavy bucktails.

Haha - yeah that is about how it felt seeing that one slip away seconds before we actually took the picture! The picture above is of the two muskies in an aquarium over at the Happy Hooker. Talking with Brian & Lisa about them this weekend was interesting in that they only had to feed them once every 3-5 days during the winter. Now that it is summer they eat several times per day :pizza: ! Poor, poor minnows...

this was kevin's first time musky fishing and he already got a 38.5" on his first cast ever. i was calling him lucky and couldn't believe he caught this one on what ended up being his 6th cast ever for muskies. 40". lucky b@st@rd. i had to put annoying music over it b/c i was non-stop cuss words.

Nice fish guys! I am jealous... Zach- looks like you had one hell of a day :yes:

Couldn't get out last weekend due to 'prior obligations' grrrrrr.... Hopefully next time.

Planning to visit sexy miss Juanita on Sat, maybe see you over there...