lure painting

i dont know if anyone on here needs any baits redone? i have been repainting lures of mine that have needed it and wonder if anyone here wants a custom color to an existing plug or repair to a good plug that has lost its paint. i have been using paasche airbrushes and can use acrylic, enamel, createx or automotive paint and have access to all the pearls to add crazy shine to any paint job. i have been finishing them off with either envirotex or epoxy and many times this has made the finish even stronger than what came w/ the plug. its something that has been fun for me and have got alot better since i started. not trying to make a million dollars but i can get more life out of your favorite lure for you.

yeah thats where i start. there are chemical peelers and good ole fashioned sanding. from there i can seal them again if they are wood as in the trophydivers and primer them with etching primer. i can then also fill holes and smooth out the bait w/ epoxy if needed at that time. from there its painting and finish. if they are your black and pink ones they will be super easy to paint. u like that chunky silver sparkle also don't u? i wonder if you would unscrew the lip on those trophydiver before painting them and then reassemble them after painting.

NITRO- i bet you dont want me to touch that beat up perch invader that has seen better days do you? ole lucky should be its name or nitro's fav.

LOL...Ahhh No!! that invader is good just the way it is ;) I was on R+H last night looking at the replacement tails last night, but even that will be a sad day when its finally toast. the old one's going on the wall when that happens

the believer on the other hand has a pretty sad 'nitro custom' job on it now that needs some serious attention. plain pearl body wasn't doin it for me: some painters tape, a brush and whatever colors of testors model paint that hadn't dried up in storage for 20 years and now its damn ugly. :lol: I was about to paint the clear storage box black so no one would see my 'handywork' :o

we'll have to meet up for a beer (on me!) and make the hand off. I'm sure you'll breath some new life into her... :beer:

14Jo6J.jpg, first chrome lure i have ever painted. only joe bucher has any chrome lures other than the old bagleys, which are discontinued. will mess with this chrome in the future when i get more transparent paint. this is like the frog pattern they run on lake st. clair, but in chrome.

J4AL9.jpg this is future muskie man with old school strawberry. i've never personally used this color, but howard wagner has 54 reasons to do so.

J4Dfi.jpg this is a half done niagra river walleye with a lot of gold flake.

1oLjyr.jpg

this is the little guy that the colton crusher will be named after. its a tuff shad copy w/ a twister tail and a more contoured profile. working on it and will post when done in the future. colton crushers will catch fish!!!!!!!!!!! the tail will be attached with a wire screw so u can change it out w/o gluing it, so it will be easy to change on the water and to change tail colors (in the picture, fire tiger and shiny perch).

1oLtx0.jpg shiny perch with crappy eye; will add more detail by hand painting, or adding store-bought bubble eyes.

1oLK_0.jpg zb (initials) on the tail for fun.

J65xA.jpg just another picture of the shiny perch, but too much glare to get a good pic, because of the shine from pearls.

w5OM9.jpg the bottom of the fire tiger. i don't know who started the dots on the bottom, i'm just keeping with tradition. does anyone know why there are dots on all plugs from NY, PA, and Lake St. Clair?

so these are a couple. i will post as i go. anyone got a pattern to paint? posting sexy lexy shad and crappie when i get to them. remember that the eyes would be finished w/ either bubble eyes or hand painted. these eyes were quickly done crappy and have no detail at all. i also saw a person on ebay selling crazy detailed eyes i most likely will buy them soon.

Your Welcome on the cards. I'm still stuck at home looking at the walls with minor probems still.I will go plop myself in a chair on a beach in Florida for 11 days,fly out in a couple weeks.When I return I may be back in the hospital for a minor pancreas duct repair,hopefuly this will finaly fix the problem.

Capt. Larry