Seasons end

chowder

Dropped this doe the last day of the season into a frozen brook and I find myself out of time, tags and ambition (and wet and real cold). Its time to go X-mas shopping anyway... Happy Holidays to All!

p8a4r.jpg

P.S. I shot this doe on one of the farms we rent from out of state landlords. I spoke w/ the guy who owns the place yesterday morning and he told me they didn't get one deer in 3 weekends of hunting. When I took the pickup down to haul the doe back to my place, 7 sets of eyes in the brushy lot by the brook. No deer huh?

Took my bow out yesterday with my ground blind at noon. Saw a beautiful 8pt at 1, 6 does at 3, and a flurry of activity between 4 and 5. No deer in those woods! Also saw turkeys, grouse, coyotes,and 2 hawks. Great end to a great season. 6 in the freezer for me. I enjoyed every outing, and hope everyone else had as much fun as I did. Judging from all the reports and pics most of you did. Now it's on to the hard water and casting for monster browns and LL's from the beautiful shores of cayuga.