Walleyes and Smallies in the Genny

Has anyone caught any Walleyes or Smallmouth in the Genesee River by Seth Green yet? Normally I go down there for Steelies before this point in the year, but it has been completely blown out for a while. I noticed the water level has decreased and it is not so muddy anymore. I may have to take a trip down there this weekend.

hope not....... season is not open for either one,,,

why would you ask that now.... this weekend should be good for the eyes

season opens,,, nice fish in there year round white twisters best for me..

Kappy

Normally, when I fish down there I use shad raps for steelies. In previous years when I did, I would catch a few walleye or smallmouth. Just wondering if they are in there yet. Sorry, didn't mean to offend you.

I'm glad you asked. I forgot that this Saturday is opening day for Walleye. You never know what you'll pull out of there anyway. I used to go down there more often until I recently read some reports on here of bullets flying, grocery carts and bikes being tossed from above, hand grenades being launched, etc...I'm surprised no one has graffittied the nice fish portrait at intersection of St. Paul & Norton. Seriously, it really is a nice spot. Nothing like standing in the river, admiring the creation, and listening to nature. Catching something is a bonus. I've never had any trouble there.

PK I have not been there in years,, and not offended here,

just checking,,,, ha ha anyway if you want some eyes cast in the river

off the charllotte pier,, with some stickbaits at night you will get some nice eyes they chase the alewives in.. good luck out there