Snow Geese guides???

Not sure where you are or how far you want to travel but we guide Snow hunts from mid march till mid april as long as they give us the extended season again this spring which so far is a go! If you need more info on the spring hunts please feel free to call us at 315 882 6435 thanks for inquiring and hope to hear from you or any others that want info on spring goose hunts!

Thanks for getting back to me alloutdoorsman. I live in Hilton, but travel a lot for work. (Traveling to hunt or fish is no big deal to me) Last spring I saw thousands of snow geese migrating along the thruway while traveling back and forth to Syracuse.

I will give you a call. Who should I ask for.....and do you have a web site?

Thanks again,

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...
i wouldn't waste the cash on a guide living in hilton ur in a prime area i do a lot of hunting around that area there are tons of birds to be had send me a pm...got my limit of ducks yesterday with 2 bonus geese

Canadas are one thing - don't need a guide, just a couple spots to hunt and as few as a dozen dekes.

Snows, however, generally won't decoy unless you have like a hundred dekes - and that's where a guide is probably the best way to go. Any snow goose guide worth his salt will have 100+ dekes and a half dozen or more fields available to hunt - greatly improving your chances of hitting the 15 bird limit for everyone in the party.

So if you go looking for a guide for spring snows, the things you'll want to ask are:

how many dekes do you put out in a typical spread? and How many fields to you hunt and how often?

If they use fewer than 100 dekes in a spread, and they have less than a half dozen fields, or they don't rotate the fields they hunt, you probably won't get much shooting.

• 4 months later...

haha guys idk what it is about them dam snow geese my buddys and i cant get them. we've been chasing them things aroudn for the last two springs finaly got our first one this spring...1!!!!! for 13 shots cause he was a lil high.....and that was with putting out over 600 decoys and a few of the flappers...idk they'll circle for us once or twice every field we try jsut wont come down past about 80 yards....but next spring im going to buy 2 vortex spinning snow goose decoys everywhere i read i hear they are a must with the snows

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

• 3 months later...

A lot of times, if we're driving past a field that we have permission to hunt and see snows - we'll go home, get our guns and park near the field and sneak up on them. Last time, hadn't unplugged the shotgun yet, but they were so thick that three shots took 11 birds!!!!

I haven't decoyed ANY snows, ever.

Worst part is, snows taste much better than canada's.

• 9 months later...

We are providing guide service for Spring snow goose hunts in Northern NY. We hunt areas along the lake Ontario plains in Jefferson County as well as the tug Hill region south of Watertown. Thousands of Snow geese are now migrating thru this flyway. Our spread consists of 1000 windsock decoys, rotary decoy machines and flyers. We utilize 2 electronic callers. Rates are reasonable and we hunt from fields utilizing Avery Layout Blinds. Check out our website at stlawrenceriveroutfitters.com