Braddocks 12/27

Silver Fox

Fished today 715-115pm and kept my limit of 50 perch. Tip - downs w/ fatheads were the ticket. Also caught 1 bass, 1 pike and had 5 other pike break me off. Everyone was getting pike today and I saw a 7# steelhead landed. Ice was still at least 5" thick. Hopefully I'll be back out on Thursday. Good luck!

Hey scott glad to see you got out there. Would of like to been able to catch the perch like that. But maybe that one moster pike I got scared them all away that day. ha Hopefully I bay freezes back up again. Althought I didnt do to well there here its been slow along with all the ponds. Thanks for the report though.

Hey guy's I really started getting into hardwater last winter and being from the North love to fish the gators, I have never been out on B-bay and wouldn't know the first thing about wehre to start out there, is there a specific place to park head on to the ice etc.? I figure it must be obvious based on guys fishing but doesn't hurt to check with some guys who are having some luck. Would love to hook up and ice some with some guys someday. Any info would be a great help.

Go west on the parkway to the E.Manitou exit. Make a right toward the lake. About 1/3 mile down on your left will be the enterance. Their is a boat launch sign there also. You can park at the loop on the left or drive all the way through and park past the boats on the north end. The whole bay is 3' deep and set your tip ups just below the ice. Good luck!

I'll be there in the am and report later.

Nice, thanks man for the info. I may head north this weekend but if I stick around I will be there for sure, up north we always fish half our bait right below the ice the pike love to cruise the bottom of the ice, most of the strikes come from those sets.

Canuck,

Run your baits 12-18" under the ice. This will produce the most pike. We did really well yesterday. The ice is a solid 5" all over the bay. Fish right in front of the boat launch in the cove. That has been the best spot for me so far this season.