Continued support for No Communication East end Pro/Am's

A-TOM-MIK

Wow...where do I start with this one?

Howie, Ray started a very good thread about what can be done to help with the Pro Ams. There's some very good info there on what EVERYONE can do to help the tournaments grow.

I'm sure a LOT of Pros would be happy to talk with you in the ProAms--myself included. Simply give me your cell number.

I would also be very happy to help you catch a brown trout. The Oak has some tremendous brown trout fishing in April and again in July. The boat goes in around April 15th. Give me a call.

Paul

716-390-0085

So as I am slogging thru 2' of snow today in a vain attempt to find a Grouse that has yet to be eaten by a Coyote, I spot a deer bedded in some pines. The deer has no idea I am there. I think to myself how easy the twenty yard shot would be. But you can't shoot deer now (esp. with birdshot) because.......there is a season.....rules. There is nothing to stop me from shooting this deer, dragging it past my inquisitive daughters out sledding, butchering it and placing it in my freezer except for the fact there are rules that I am aware of. Then I think to myself, deer poaching is really unenforceable unless someone calls in a complaint. Based on the logic of the Pro/Am commitee that closed communication is unenforceable, we should not have deer seasons or limits because poaching is trully "unenforceable".

yes but if you cheet with either then you can collect your rewards if you dont get caught... if you get caught with the deer it will cost ya 1000.00 to2000.00 fine and loose your hunting priveleges for a few years (major deterent)..get caught cheeting in a derby you loose face ,and money but can still go fishing the next day.. Day of hunting Grouse on a nice winter day "priceless" cost of a cleaned plump chiken at the store 6.00......but i have spent many days behind my 2 springers and wouldnt trade all those prickers ,scratches,missed shots, and time in the woods for a hundred store bought chickens............feeding,vet cost, pooper scooper job,,,,,,,,,,,,uh ill take the chickens now.

if you get caught with the deer it will cost ya 1000.00 to2000.00 fine and loose your hunting privileges for a few years (major deterent)..get caught cheeting in a derby you loose face ,and money but can still go fishing the next day
.....exactly! There has to be penalties for cheating so severe, no one will risk the penalty. Make it fraud (criminal offense), give the commitee authority via entrance application to have the authority to sanction fines for cheating. But you still have to give people the benefit of the doubt. By saying the closed comm. rule format is unenforceable in effect you are saying nobody can be trusted. The more I think about it.....the more I am offended.

How about a caneing if you get caught everyone bring your stiffest dypsy rod to weighins,,,,,Yes Musky and Fishermen bring your "Snoopy" rods too..It seems kinda ugly to have to bring in outside enforcement ,To a FUN event ,but with the money involved It must be a temptation to some , thats why I like the observer rule it gives you the peace of mind everyone is doing the right thing and keeps the little :devil: on our sholder quiet. As of now our team is in for all 4 "Lord Willing" Lets hope the weather gods goof up on the schedual and we get perfect weather for the safty and fun for all involved.......