2 less musky in Waneta

it's beyond me how anyone can whack a musky. they are too hard to catch as it is. say you mount or eat a 40"er? that fish could spawn 10 more times. even if only one of her eggs reached maturity that's 10 more muskies. show me a lake that can't take 10 more adult muskies. make the limit 60".

make the limit 60".

Old Man,

Sadly, I do not think this will work. Musky season on Waneta is currently closed, and you still get people like this that still keep them! It is crazy that some people could care less about the fishing regulations that were put in place to help fishing for years to come. I wish I had alternative thoughts on how to solve people not releasing them, but nothing comes to mind... :(:@:(

--Joe

slobs! they took that pic off iceshanty b/c of the stink everyone is making (good job). who knows how many are killed by panfisherman and slobs that fish there. it sucks b/c i plan on taking my little man there in a few years and these could have been caught by him, so it pisses me off also. is it just me or do alot of skies get wacked out of this lake. all summer i heard rumors of kept fish. kill all the pickerel but keep the skies! was that 31" one that my ole lady released b/c she was a 31" musky magnet this summer at waneta. she did like 6 that size in 2 trips down there.

ps- bob i saw your post on iceshanty- nice job!

I wish I had alternative thoughts on how to solve people not releasing them, but nothing comes to mind...

If ya got a lot of time on your hands I've got a solution for you Joe....a little bit of time clean house with a 12 ga, and a lot more time to 'chill' in the bighouse ;)

have to admit, as bad as this incident might seem... as long as there's an open season with such low size limits, we've got bigger issues to deal with. :no:

I just finished having coffe with ENCON at my office they got alot of complaints on the guy. He wanted some more info, we work together all of the time so I figured I would check with you guys. The guy might be on this forum but he knows its coming already so no need to beat around the bush. It is a problem that needs to stop. Sean

nice job Sean :yes: I hoped that's what you meant.

I agree this has to stop and am glad someone took the initiative. if we fishermen don't 'police' ourselves then it will never end-DEC can't be everywhere at once but as long as folks know the guy in the next boat or hut could be someone who gives a damn, then fear of the unknown could motivate better behavior by the rest. WTG!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Hey zach...i was taken back when gus told about this.Had to get my 2cents in on the issue.If people out there realize we won`t hesitate to blow them in then they may be deterred from icing them out of season and or during open water b4 the season opener..Also hopefully they get the messege that the resources are limited for this fish and release them throughout the season.Now that the channel is open between waneta and lamoka hopefully we`ll start to see them spread out a bit more and not concentrate so much in waneta.I spoke to the dec about increasing the limit and they stated there is a healthy population down there therefore an increase was`nt warranted.

Zach...need any lures????give me a call...i`ve got a bunch of lures to get rid of!!

To those whom keep out of season....sooner or later you`ll get BUSTED!

CYA

Bob S

...and thanks again GAMBLER for bringing this incident to more people's attention!

No problem Nitro. This really bothered me. I figured if more people new about crap like this, more people would keep and eye out and call the DEC Tip line and report guys like this.

Don't get me wrong, That is a hell of a fish I would like a pic if it was mine but back in the lake asap. That is a fish we need to do our best to save.

that's why I will never fish waneta in the winter...can't target em..and even if you get one you can't take a pic-right back into the water they must go. what a tease and irresistable temptation that lake would be for me...

• 2 weeks later...