Happy Birthday Pa (aka Moderator Larry)!

Here's a wishin' a happy birthday to my Dad who always had time to take his sons fishin' :yes::clap:

So in my father's honor, I thought I might take a trip back down memory lane... ready?

DSCN0147.jpg

My Father's first boat... after the hurricane came through... true story!

DSCN0145.jpg

I'm sure many LOU members were familiar with this era... some even call it "the good ol' days"

DSCN0138.jpg

A young Larry (wonder if he knew about the huge hole in his pants at the time picture was taken?)

DSCN0139.jpg

Smokin' + Aviators + Salmon = PRETTY FREAKIN' COOL!

DSCN0146.jpg

Glad pa let us tag along that day :) Nothing like hiking up the shorts as high as they can go and dropping a line :lol:

Here is to many more years on the water to come!

Happy Birfday Larry opps, Capt Larry Sir, Im pretty shure you will have a good day if Jerry dont drive into your car,or ya Loose your cigebutts,..The pics chad posted show the love of fishing goes back a few years, The shorts look normal to me darm kids nowadays gotta have em below the knees ,geese even the girls in Catholic schools i went to 40 years ago had shorter skirts than most shorts nowadays. Your -Now- quiet nature hides many stories of fishing,pranks,and the good ole days..But the time ive had listin to you and Jerry have been priceless "THANK YOU" ...so keep popin the popcorn,make shure the mustard supply if freshly stocked, and get a fresh supply of ballons dont want a aged one to pop on your boat. And Keep "O"n a hopeing :lol: ....

Ray K.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, my goal was 50 so I'm in the bonus rounds now. A quick explanation of the photos, Hurricane Agnes - I didn't think the big pond could reach up and take a boat out of the sling 6 ft above but it can get pretty ugly. The 70's - fishing was tiring, the 60's - the fish were heavy and the hole in pants was just another lure, uh fashion statement. Jerry's childhood bout with anorexia has been cured :clap: . As for the shorts, I hadn't met Musky yet so my fashion sense was not what it could have been :( . The best times are still ahead as I start the approach to the speed limit (55).

:D Happy Birthday ya ol fart. Lookin forward to seein ya at the Scottys & Pro Ams. Gotta have a few smokes & cokes & talk about the good ol days. Maybe even put on a fashion show for the crowd. I understand Del has been shopping the Malls for plaid sweatpants. :D Have a good one today Larry. :beer::beer::beer:

Larry Happiest of Birthdays to you. A couple of questions though, did you always dress the boys in the same clothes like twins and do they still wear the same clothes today? :lol: Man you looked a lot like the the guy "Hyde" from That 70's show :o