Sodus Bay Jan. 4.

W.W.IV.

Yesterday three of us went down to Sodus bay,it was brutal. there was about 2-2.5ft. of snow and slush.We went off the south end at Davanports and we were the only three dummies out . Oh ya the fishing sucked, to much work to keep moveing,I've got the old box clam snow plow on runners and it's still a bear to pull,the runners iced up and I had all I could do to move it. What fish we got mostly hit orange ratso's on a orange jig. There's about 6" of ice in the bays but with all that snow I don't think it going to make ice so I don't think it would be safe to take a wheeler very far out yet. Be Safe and good fishing.

Thanks for the report, ;( Now lets hope for 2 days of rain and warm temps to get rid of a lot of that snow and freeze up again, But i think I'm asking for to much.

Anyways good luck to everyone that gets out there and be safe.

Yeah, I am hoping to get out this Saturday, but with another arctic blast and probably several more feet of snow, it looks iffy... Reminds me of a tourny I fished with my dad a few years back on Fair Haven, when the lake dumped 40" of snow the previous day. The snow was so deep we couldn't see the flags on the tip-ups when they tripped!! :o We had to keep making rounds checking to see if any tripped. Oh yeah, and there was close to 2' of ice too... it was a lot of work fishing that day!

I just saw a weather report,they said Wallcot got 4ft.of snow the last two days,and it's still coming down..

. Anybody hear from Hank (L&M) lately? :lol::lol::rofl:.

It doesn't look like there's any good ice on Ibay south end yet