depth raider or fish hawk?

i'm going to buy a speed&temp probe soon and was wondering which one works best. I fish lake champlain mostly, very seldom deeper than 100', clean water and plan on running it by itself- no lines or releases on it . I'm leaning towards the depth raider due to budget any advice? Thanks RD

I think you would be happy w/ the Depth Raider, been using one for 2 years, had the earlier generation Fishhawk before that. Coated line precautions; stay away from using coated line on the out down riggers- the angle is hard on the coating. keep some electrical tape around for nicks.

You get what you pay for, after all the speed & temp unit should last at least ten years, & dividing the price difference by the time makes the cost difference minimal over the lifespan of the unit. I have been using the same Fishawk (FH) for the last 15 years, & upgraded the probe last year. I just bought a new complete FH unit, as I wanted the new display, & the luxury of a back up probe.

Get the best unit you can afford!!! :D

I run a subtroll and love it. The units you should be looking at are the subtroll, x-4 fishhawk, and depth raider and you will be happy with any of the 3 units. Each unit has its small differences from one another (price, installation, display, etc). God knows theres plenty of posts on here about this subject so do some research.