Favorite Wire Diver Rod

What are all you guys running, want to pick up a new set just can't decide on which ones.

Here are some I am considering.

Okuma Blue Diamond wireline trolling rods run around $65-75

Okuma Convector GL $75

Shimano Talora $80

What model ugly sticks are you guys running for divers?

Am I missing any other good ones that would work well? Nothing over 9 my boat's only 21ft I hate long rods. I plan on installing twili tips that I already have on these rods.

Thanks

Legacy are you using the black or the older brown heartland rods. I have been using the brown rods for 10 years with no complaints

I added twillie tips as well. Sorry I can't comment on the other rods mentioned

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I run Okuma Blue Diamond roller rods 8 1/2 footers, Shimano roller rods 8 1/2 footers and Blue Diamond Dipsy rods 10 footers reg. guides for my slide divers with braid.

For the wire I prefer the Shimano roller rods.

Glen

Talora 7' downrigger rod TLAF70M, $59 & put the twili tips on them. I also have a pair of 8' Taloras w/ the roller guides. I have a smaller boat and I really like the 7' Talora DR rod for controlling fish at the boat, getting them past the rigger lines, etc. These kinds of issues are probably not a big deal in a bigger boat w/ a bunch of experienced guys but I fish w/ my kids in a 19' I/O and in this kind of situation a short rod really makes a world of difference. I've also gone to pretty much using the slide divers instead of fixed length leader dipsies. I set my SD leader to 12' w/ flashers and after the diver trips I've only got a 3' leader at the boat, I find this setup much much easier to deal with when the fish is at the boat!

The 9'6" Daiwa Diver rods are very nice rods. The price is great too. When we are running 1 wire on each side we choose to run the 9'6" over the 10'6". I have all black heartlands.

Currently (All Daiwas):

2-9'6" wire

2-10'6" wire

2-10'6" Mono Slidediver

Ugly stix 10 ft 6 heavy , kinda like a big broom stick ,but the flex is real nice with dypsy load and give some well needed action under load. and the stiffer rod keeps my dypsys well away from my outside riggers ,and thats very important when musky is driving in circles er i mean straight...59.00 bucks is a good price too. and twilly tips need to be added. they give me almost 25 ft seperation deployed on a 8 ft beam boat. and every less tangle i can avoid from the back of the boat with MY crew is a plus...........but not a given.. :lol:

Fish Doctor roller rods 7' with roller tip. Have the greatlakes 9.5 &10.5 With braid and mono that we haven't put into the water since getting these. The blanks that Jeff and his dad use are awsome. Load up nice and arn't so hard to handle , My old fishing partner was 86 and still could handle a salmon on these rods. 8)

I take the husband of one of my wife's friends fishing. First thing the guy does is step down into the boat while I'm trying to get the rods stashed in the arch, he misses the step stool and falls w/ his full weight (not a little man either) right onto the middle of my 8' Talora roller rods which were leaning against the transom! They were fine. That's one tough rod! One thing though; it looks you fish Erie and I will say that the Talora roller rod is overkill for eyes. I don't use them when I fish the finger lakes. Like I said earlier, on the Finger lakes I use the 7' Talora downrigger rod w/ a twili ( I have used this rod on Ontario too and my 12 year old son brought in a pair of fresh 20lb+ Kings w/ it back to back)

Thanks for all the responses guys I appreciate it.

I fish the western and central basin for walleye/steelhead in Ohio waters, I have 4 diver rods aside and seperate from what I'm asking about here. I have 4 dedicated dipsey rods set up for walleye to run on Erie with 8 ft sticks with power pro. These are for salmon fishing only on Lake O.

I think I'm going to go with either the heartland or talora's at this point. I do like the shorter rods so leaning talora.