Cayuga shore finally

Been fishing the shore with jigs, spoons, and minnows under floats. For the last month and a half it's been slow, REALLY SLOW. Just a couple of dink salmon and a couple of medium lakers on spoons. It seems like after the spawn all of the mature browns and ll's go deep to recover except the few that stay upstream. Well they're back. In the last week I know of 6 browns 8-12# that have been caught, a 33" skinny LL, and even I got in on the fun yesterday with a 25" 6 1/2# LL on a home made 3/8 white and red calf tail jig. First fish on my christmas rod, and a great fight. Most of these fish have been caught on jigs with a few on minnows and they have all come 10-20' down. Also it's been a blast watching the duck hunters. Hope to see some of you guys out there soon. Pics to come.

Do any of you guys fish at the power plant.

And do you fish from a boat at the power plant?

I was there a few years ago on business and saw some people fishing there.

Just wanted to know what , when and how they were doing.

And what boat launch to use.

Thinking of going at the end of March, depending on the weather.

Thanks, Kliph :beer:

The power plant is doing ok now. I would launch at T-falls if I were going to troll it, but if you have waders I'de try fishin it from shore. Walk out in the current and you can use bait. Just dead drift it with little or no weight. You can use minnows, worms, or eggs. Or my favorite is a stick bait. Either way just let out your bait, hold it stationary for ten minutes then let it out a little farther and do the same. When you pinpoint them it can be a blast. Good luck.

has ne one really been to aes yet? did you have ne luck with the pike shawn? i put in another honest day didnt see a scale or tail. ill be getting back out later today or tomorrow might go check the spillway some walleye and perch action. is there trout at the lil park above stewart on the east side of the lake?just above the ice.

Some of my buddies have been hitting aes and getting some bows and browns. No pike at samson, too windy. The park north of stewart rarely has trout, but can be great for pike all winter and good for smallies in the spring. I'm haeding back out on the ice with my girlfriend at noon. Good luck and leave a couple for me.

thanks 4 being such a good dude. i think most of the people who use the sight think trout **** gold and no ones guna share there precious secrets. well u can know nehting i know just ask, fishing has always been about having good times with friends this forum is strange seems like alot of judgement gets passed and people dont really seem to want to help each other just critiscize or offer no help at all. may be its just me but thanks again see you soon.

• 4 weeks later...