McBass ... errr Mick & bass

skipper19

Conesus Lake today ...Mick with his first tipup catch ever :clap:

1b7z9J.jpg

52sGi.jpg

Watching fishing show in the shack :lol:

52A9J.jpg

Star of the show..Mr bluegill..wasn't hungry..camera shy :dull:

got a few little ones like this and that was it for the north end at Vitale Park.

Mark

Well for my second season ice fishing since before my teenage years I guess I'm starting to get the hang of this. I could be drifting the streams for big steelies, and browns , but instead I'm walking on water- gotta love it. Every year I seem to fish a new body of water that I haven't been to before. I think the Bass I got last year was a little bigger. Thank's Mark -Mick

Yep so we fished the North end today. Ended up south east of the park a little in 7-10 fow There were at least 20 Shanty's there when we set up and other souls who braved the cold in the open. This was the first time there today this season so I'm not shure how it has been. Even with the cold it was great to get out today. We found 4-5 inches of ice where we were. Good luck and be safe out there everyone - Mick

HMM ,let me try to understand this,,up at 0500 load the sled in the truck,get the bait (probly 10.00) drive to the ice after spilling half the bait in the truck, drag 200 lbs of equiptment to the secret "BLUEGILL" spot ,find the one minnow thats still alive and fight over whos gonna get the GOOD bait.,, put down the camera with a bright light after grinding a hole in the ice ,and see their is no fish then begin to fish for 10 hrs not counting clearing holes ,freeing up tipups, hey its only -1deg right now lets get out there before it warmes up and melts the ice ..........bluegills? ----------or a excuse to get away from the honey doo list !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damm, Ray!!!!!...It's like you were really there with us :lol: Minnows spilled (not in the truck) but on the way off pulling the sled like a couple of draft horses up a slope onto terra firma :no: And yup Mick was up before me and gone and got coffee and minnows. We did all this on one breakfast sandwich all day. Not quite fighting over the last "good" bait but we tussled over who got the bigger half of the sandwich :rofl: Tipups were frozen in, so we sat inside with the shades pulled so we could watch the fishing show on the only channel we could get, but that was ok, the show went on all day and someone was catching all the fish somewhere off the channel :o . I think Mick had a secret channel, all I could see was my baits and he was catching the fish :speechless: ....Oh yeah...while the shades were pulled and we were watching the rest of the show...Mr. big mouth bass comes and gobbles the bait of the tipup right in front of the shack, un beknownst to us, it has the bait for a couple hours, give or take, and is hangin there on the frozen tipup. Let's look outside and see what is going on...FLAG!!!!....RUN RUN...OOPS OPEN THE ZIPPER before running :$ ..gets to the flag and then smashes the newly formed ice outta the hole with his heel so the reel don't come popping off. :sweating: Looks at me and says "it's still on there" ;) Nice time, but Ray you forgot one thing....4 inches of water came on top of the ice from us sitting there pushing it down, and wet feet :@ ....again...169 dollar boots not good :no: Let's do it again...come on Ray it's cold in Key West now anyway.

Mark

Sounds like fun :yes:, Only 200 hundred pounds. That's like 1/2 of Brian's sled. Cooler with a bungee cord works great for the bait, little trick I got from Brian. John try those hole covers? Work great from what I have seen :yes: being out with Brian twice and using his.

Ray, bluegill on those little poles, better than 2-5 lb coho's on the big rods. Plus they make good soup :yes:

Nice "catch" :thinking::wondering::dull: Mick

great job on the big bass!! i was one of the guys out there with ya saturday, did pretty well on the gills got enough keepers for a meal plus a big bass. went back on sunday with the family and filled up a bucket of nice gills and a couple more bass. be careful out there the ice was pretty thin in some spots and would crack if a couple ppl were standing too close. definately a good spot to bring kids or girlfreinds.good luck to all!!

1uko0i.jpg

bunnyassasin, looks like our shack on the far right by the edge of your pic there. We were just east of the point a little bit. Yeah it was crackin out there :o but four inches is what we had there, prolly alot more now after last weekend cold spell. Gills were a little smallish where we were.

Mark..