Oswego's "A-TOM-MIK Challenge"

Oswego has named this event after us

I would like to thank Captain's Gerry Bresadola "Dixie Dandy" and David Wilson "Spankmayer Charters" for this honor. Formerly known as the "Oswego Mustad Challenge"

http://www.co.oswego.ny.us/info/news/2009/071709-6.html

http://www.lakeontariofishing.net/dixie_dandy.htm

http://www.captainexperience.com/

We are honored to say the least, we look forward to future sponsorship of this event as well as Werners popular event The Fair Haven Challenge and Mikes' Little Salmon River Challenge

We have close to 200 teams all together, who enjoy these easy-going/family oriented events, low dollars, high fun, and at times reaching over 100 teams in one port alone. WOW !!!

A-TOM-MIK is ecstatic !!!

These series of events (3) are each open communication and no observer

Gerry did ask for an opinion on that subject just yesterday following all our Pro/Am ado from the last few weeks, to see if that topic should be re-looked at

I feel open communication for these type/ low dollar/ somewhat family oriented/ events is the right decision

I can't honestly say that I know what a majority of our participants would want concerning this

But I can say if that topic was to arise I am sure it would be looked into

Just a few feelings Paul for ****s and grins:

-I feel the KOTL runs fine with a no observer/open communication type policy, I wouldn't expect more from that event (nothing bad meant) (Similar entry fee)

-My personal opinion is the best "formatted" event on the lake is the "Tightline Shootout" this w/mandatory observer & closed communication (Similar entry fee)

-Our events: Oswego, Fair Haven, and Mexico are loved by many and are taken by different levels of seriousness, ex. Sea Devil and the Screamer boys "play to win", while a different majority of the pack "play to be involved and for fun" , these personalities have worked well together in the last 3 to 5 years with very minimal conflict (Non-Similar entry fee)

-The "prized" Pro/Am's breed another personality all together, while they do unite different levels of personalities they also create deeper passions for those involved at all levels. Passions that are felt by more of the players involved, I have the deepest respect for the Pro/Am's out of all 13 tourney style events I try to fish each season. My reason is due to the altitude I have felt these events be lifted to. (Similar entry fee)

I knew this would be asked Paul, and rightfully so an answer was deserved. I do not wish to downplay the seriousness that our 3 local to Oswego events are taken by some, but quite frankly they are not marked to the depth of a Pro/Am type setting, and they are 10 times less financially alone to play part

Thanks for your interest

;););)

Tom

You deserve it......you do A LOT for this lake and fishery. You give out more stuff to people through donations, freebies in orders, and plain old hand me outs at tournaments than any other manufacture.

OK, now answer my e-mail!

Congrats Tom and thanks for your continued sponsorship of events lake-wide. An Atommik Challenge amid the Nuclear Power Plants is a very suitable and ironic twist, I think they should pony up for the name as well. Please don't change the name to wind turbine lures as that would not bode well for the future. Good Luck and keep it growing.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Tom,

Sounds like that weekend will be a nice weekend around the Oswego Harbor. I am working with some others and we have 3 Tall Ships coming to town that weekend. Sounds like they are coming in on Thursday night and leaving Monday. They will be over at the Marine Museum Pier. We are working on creating a nice kids & family style event the whole weekend. They are heading toward Toronto. The following weekend is a huge Tall Ship Event that will be then heading west through the Great Lakes. Congratulations on the Challenge. It is rightly named. If you need anything to help your event, dont be afraid to ask. You know where to find me.

Shane B