the boat i bought last year came with a LOWRANCE LCX25c sonar/gps unit....... the second trip out the GPS quit working screen said GPS module not responding......... i unhooked and rehooked all wires even dismounted the module from the bow of the boat to disconnect the extension cable....nothing helped

tried to order a new module ( LGC2000 ) was backordered 3 times then was told this model was discontinued BUT could use a newer model (LGC4000 ) with an adapter cable

module is $250.00

cable $35.00

MY question is does this happen often?

just wondering if i should go with the new module or get one of the newer units with the internal ant.

thanks for your input

The 4000 GPS is supposed to be better made than the 2000 and 3000 they had problems with these 2 units. I would try and get a hold of Lowrance and see if they can give you a better deal on the 4000 GPS. here is a contact that is better than calling the Lowrance #

Hope this helps

Linda Colt

Customer Service Department

12000 East Skelly Drive

Tulsa, OK 74128

1-800-324-1356 #8747

Direct line 918-438-8747

Fax 918-234-1745

Email: [email protected]

KGFN,

I have a lms 350a and the same thing happened, found it to be the gray connector

in the cord that goes to the module and the one that goes into the module itself,

My Solution, cut the gray connectors out of th middle of the cord and hard wired them,

took the connector of the module and cleaned the pins and put a little bend in them to make better contact and put it back together and it works fine. Had a problem on the module with vibration after that and it would go in and out, but some rubber strips fixed that.

Splitshot115