Grease Traps

Try this. use a Heavy ball 15Lbs or better. attach the Grease trap to the back of the ball. above the ball attach your main line with a spin and glow or a williams spoon with a lead of 4-6 feet. use a stacker scotty powergrip release so that you can conect the release to the cable a foot or so above the ball. good luck.

You can get the LJ 6-pak schoolies in nickel, nickel w/ holo. flash, and chartreuse. Hammerhead Charters & Tackle (Jim Piano) offers components & complete Lake Trolls that are well worth considering as well.

The grease traps work great on lakers. Just watch the video on the Big Weenie site. I have personal experience using them on the finger lakes and they worked great. Haven't tried them on Lake O but I'm sure they will work great there too.

Jeff

The Grease Traps are great on lakers and guys love them on both the great lakes and small inland lakes. We sell alot to guys on Cumberland lake in Kentucky fishing for stripers, Colorado for Wipers, Nj and Penn for lakers and out west for lakers and of course the Finger Lakes. Best way to go is get a GT and extra blades, you can save alot of money. The blades change out in a flash. Less drag than cowbells but the cowbells do work great. Randy from Hit or Miss charters sells cowbells I think if you would rather have those. Rod did use them for stripers in the ocean. Small spoons, clean meat heads with a minnow, spin n glows or Vib flies all about 30" back. Any questions feel free to call anytime, Thanks guys, BW

bigweeniebrand.com

We sell alot to guys on Cumberland lake in Kentucky fishing for stripers

Did they also buy flys? I was fishing Raystown in Pa. last fall for striper and plan on going back. I got a few greasetraps off you and was just wondering if they were trolling bait or flys.

Yes, they buy Vibrator flies down there. They run them on GT's and by themselves. I wish I could think of the lake, its in PA that a guy crushs them with GT's. Seems like it was man made as he says there is a lot of standing timber and he runs them just above the stuff. Maybe he reads this board and can help.

Here is something else they use the GT's and Vib flies on in Colo. I guess they fight like crazy. Thanks BW

http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/Fishin ... lery/WIPER

Man made and standing timber sounds like Raystown , you can only troll about the top 30' and still you get a hold of a tree limb..................I had the whole tree one rigger down 60' and the other 90' lucked out got every thing back..................thanks for the info.