It Lives!! Thanks Hank..

ray koziatek

well after my quest for a good 4 hp i thought i had the perfect deal fall through.....well after doing a few normal replacements myself,pump,seals and rebuild carb......1973 yr ,I was ready to hear this baby purr,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well at high rpm it ran pretty good ,but died below 1/2 throttle,so i turned the flywheel and had 2 hot sparks (2 cylinder) ,so im thinking (guessing)fuel pump well let me tell you them fuel pumps got some small parts and springs in there, that the untrained eye might not find (on the floor),after regreting the disassembly for 30 min i finnaly got it all back togeather ...........................same thing... So I hit "H" on my speed dial (Hank L&M charters and MARINE service )..Well he said RELAX and bring it up tomorrow (today) somehow the 1.5 hr trip took 2.5 hrs (poor roadsigns) ..He places my new 35lb 350.00 dollar anchor in a drum of water ,Then he started to rub his belly and pat his head at the same time i was amazed at this feat.....then continuing this while chanting "Pants on the ground pants on the ground, looking like a fool with your pants on the ground" he hopps on one foot in circles 3 times...then he faced the motor,, grabed the pull cord,,AND........................nuttin but the same as i had Then at the top of his voice he hollars "SPARK" ,I asshured him i did the spark plug test and strong blue spark was there,,,,,Once again i hear the command"RELAX" as he dashes to the master tool box and pulls out his spark tester thingy,,,shure enuf it was a leaky coil, (weak spark in a given rpm range)after locating 2 replacments on the majic parts shelf he rips down (with my help of course) my motor and reassembles.. after a couple tweaking adjustments its all back togeather and ready to be primed ...well 1st pull and IT CAME TO LIFE!!!!! purring like a kitten laying on its back getting its belly rubbed Opps That WAS HANK,,,,,anyways i just thought a big THANK YOU!! was in store for ole Hank for diagnosing and fixing my motor in 1/2 the time it took me to get there(without my 1 hr shortcut)..So If ya got a little motor or a big boat thats broke or could use a good going over send Hank a PM..he is good ,reasonable priced and willing to help a fellow fisherman get his toys fixed even in the dead of winter on short notice...I still dont understand how the dianastic dance helps but ill try it next time i break something...

Thank You .

Ray K.

Ray, you kill me. One of the guys at work put that lyric as a ring tone on his phone and they (nearly everyone) has been chanting it at the office for a few days. Glad to hear Hank got your motor running. I await the crazy antics...I mean fishing reports.

i pulled my 6hp out the other day, mounted some things on the little jon boat fired her up, ran great and its been sitting since august. saturday shall be fun. ill be the dumb guy on the lake trolling for winter trout and LL.

iORRA.jpg

Here is a couple pics of my new trollin rig.

D0jNi.jpg

D0yL9.jpg

D0Qd9.jpg

you can see in the last pic how i made all 3 wood frames attach to the canoe with through bolts and wing nuts every thing just sorta clamps to the side gunnell so i dont have to drill into canoe,, it all romoves in about 30 sec with 2 guys also the little boards near the motor will be my attachment points for transducer and speedometer if i had time i would make a little bimini top hmmmmm maybe i better make time ,,,dont wann burn anything in that sun....

Awesome looking ,super stealthy fishing rig Ray. Iluv it...add a set of oarlocks,tilt up motor and you'll be trolling in ultra shallow ,virgin water ,that no one else can get to. I'm sure Musky Bob will be happy to do the rowing. It looks like it is also set up for the new 3 rod rule!!!! Good Luck with it Ray! Are you gonna christen it by busting a bottle of expesive bubbly on the bow? or maybe a cheap beer or Red Bull? Let us know....choo-choo

The oarlocks did come with the package but i didnt want to install till i figured out exact spot by sitting in it, longline I do have 4 of the big john mini plainers ,,and when did the 3 rod rule come into effect,??crap now i gott add moreholders,,handheld vhs ,,DAVE ....BIG DAVE IN A CANOE ,actually it has a 750lb capasity so your dead on with needing one for each foot.. :lol: ok some of the stuff that you cant see in the cabin,Live well(5gal pail w,pump) toilet(same pail),bilge pump,(same pail) ice chest ,(same pail),tackle storage,(same pail),trollin bag,(same pail),,,flares ,compass,3 sea dye markers,survival and first aid kitall stored ..in the (same pail) ,,,,,,,,,,,If weather permiting (wind) i will be fishing off the reef (4mi) for some of the big stuff if nuthin else ill have a fun little run about to put on my pirate outfit and pillage the 100's of keys located within 5 miles of camp..............NOW for the letcure part..Its Been a life long goal to semi retire at 52 ,ill still be active working as we all know its impossable to fish everyday ,,,due to hunting season...so for some of you younger guys and girls ,start adding up dunkin donughts,buying a soda a day or buying lunch ,learn to cook instead of going out every nite , you know the drill....ya ant gotta deny yerself or family of all pleasures but you might be amazed at the amount of money we pizz away (fishing and hunting items and trips excluded)..being self employd has had its down falls ,(excessive hunting and fishing) maybe its time to put the rod and gun aside,,,,dust off the ole carbon fiber road bike and start racing again, pump up the tires on the mountian bike and look for some hills,dig out the camping gear,,and last if not least have the wife make a very long "honey doo" list roll it up tightly dip in wax to preserve it and bring it with me everywhere i go,,,It makes a great emergency fire starter..

Wasn't there a picture of a Great White following a kayak :o:o:lol: Have Fun Ray I can't wait to read your reports from the keys. Rode my motorcycle down to Key West once apon a time. Its a long ride out to the end of the road. It may be warmer up hear . :lol: