Pickeled Pickeral

perch predator

Went out again yesterday. Good ice every where. Slow bite again, managed 4 pickeral. 3 on fatheads on tipups and one on a spoon tipped with a fathead. They wouldn't take the shiners. I don't know what happened but there really finicy lately. Only 2 others on the ice with only one small bass iced for them. It was so cold my phone battery went dead until I put it in an inner pocket, and then it had full battery. Good luck to all in the tourneys this weekend. Be safe and have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Got out sunday, and killed them. Did about 15 pickeral, 10 bass, 5 perch and 3 slab crappie. Water is finally clearing up wich helped a lot I think. 19" bass on the jigging pole, and a triple on tipups were the highlites of the day. Fished 6-8' outside of the weeds. Little cold but I didn't notice too much cause the fish kept me busy.

I need to find you and see what you are doing that we are not.What tme do you go out we where out around 1200 noon till about 300 got two pickerals where do you get your bait from? we fished in about 5 to 8 feet deep we where a few hundered feet in from the north end . :yes:

Thanks for the report Delbert :

Wingman, I was on the west shore in front of the first 4 houses on the north side. There's a big dead stump I set up in front of. I get my bait from K&H in ithaca. I'm having my best luck on bass minnows, but fatheads work also. I smoked them again yesterday. Same place in 8fow. The size was up yesterday it seemed. Iced about 30 fish . Beautiful day to be out. Pics later. Feel free to set up there, but expect me to set up in your spread :rofl: We'll set up a day and we'll se if I can show you some tricks for that lake. :yes:

Hey,

I'm not trying to be an a@@, but I thought bass are catch and release this time of year? It looks like you have a largemouth in the sled in the pic. Could someone please help me out with the regs.?

Thanks,

- Chris

I'm looking at the pic of the sled on the very first page (the fish that you only see the tail section). I'm not trying to be a jerk - it's just I wouldn't be posting pics of fish when a season is closed......