2 colors vs. snap weights?

chowder

Anybody got an opinion on 2 color core vs. just using snap weights on a flatline to get an offering to spring,fall, and winter browns,landlocks, & bows that are feeding down a little. I put together a pair of 2 color reels two years ago but generally I wind up just putting on snap weights on one or 2 flatl planer lines to get down the 10' or so instead of using the core but maybe the core would be more effective- I'm not sure I see much difference. I'd like to respool these reels & use them as additional flat planer lines, it seems like I'd get a lot more use out of them that way. What would you do?

Snap weights when given slack or run on an inside turn will fall like a rock. The core reacts less sever. This is especially important if you are running this in the shallows for Spring BT. Its not hard to pull off the core when you don't want it. Rig 2 or 3 colors and when you don't want it cut the mono 1 or 2 feet from the core and put a small swivel on it. Now you can re-use that core when you need it.

Rick, I want to thank you for reminding me about some of core's different qualities. I remember a post/conversation we had last spring about 10 colors vs. 200 copper along the same lines. Interestingly, this was made clear trolling for Atlantics yesterday on Cayuga when the salmon hit baits on 10 colors and 6 colors but ignored similar stuff on 150 and 200 copper. -Andy