LOC Derby $1200 per Day Boat Derby

I tried having Canadian weigh-in station before and it made me want to jump off the bridge. Peace or Lewiston, take your choice. The shops and fisherman were great but I can't spend so much time and money at customs. I think I spent a week there one day.....I had to have a Canadian bank account, pay taxes with three letters, (GST, VAT) pay a broker at the customs building to make sure things went smoothly, which they didn't. But I did get to hang around customs for hours on end and I must say you meet a bunch of nice folks there.

I couldn't make a continuation of the every-other-day run up the coast as I do for the duration of the derby. It was a special trip because even though I wasn't leaving all the stuff in Canada, it had to be declared. Newspapers, fish sheets, weigh-in forms, scales and so on so I couldn't go over with anything I was bringing back. For me, trying to meet the legal, time and custom requirements precludes me from attempting it again.

Thanks for the interest and you can always come stay at one of our fine ports and participate, we would love to have you.

June 19th July 18th 2010

It is my understanding if the tournament has enough interest it will be a go, and once the quota is achieved you may still enter the derby after May 15th

However a key note to keep in mind is if you are entered in each event (Summer LOC and the LOC Boat Derby) you must follow rules associated with the Summer LOC itself to be eligible for a Summer LOC entry.

You can read more here

http://www.loc.org/

Tom

Dave was taking into consideration the amount of time all weigh stations would have to be accountable, as much as most of us feel these shops are "open anyway" many will close early from time to time. A 30 day period to at least try his best to make sure each every weigh station will be available for all of us is a daunting task.

This event was well thought out as far as taxes, weigh stations, trout sizes, boat fees, alotted available monies, etc etc.

If this event doesn't fly it will be a shame as I feel it can work flawlessly under Dave's lead.

Granted it is not for everybody as you have stated due to your down time, but with the addition of the $1000/day also, it is looking like an action packed summer with something to entertain all.

Tom

An unnamed member pointed out a slight error I made in the pricing having to deal with the extra charges I was trying to collect to offset those rascally credit card fees. Not only is it an error, it's downright against the law. I will update the web site and redo the newspaper. (thank god it hadn't been actually printed or my head would have exploded) I feel Lucky Enuff this was caught in time and I will repost the updated release later today that includes some new instructions.

Thanks

Dave Chilson

Dave,

I believe I committed to enter our boat earlier but just in case here is our commitment again

Boat name will be Hannah Christine (named after my grand daughter), we do not have a team name as of yet.

Thanks,

Shade - Howard Nola

Please read the new press release at loc.org. I didn't want to cut and past it here to save space. The change that is important is the way you guys and gals can get me your commitments. Please send an application via the mail or fax (585-545-4226) and your methond of payment you will be using. If you send a check along, that is fine but it won't be deposited until after the minimum number have submitted payment. If funds are a little tight right now (find that hard to believe) please send in the commitment application and you can take care of it later, just indicate how you will be paying, check or CC.

Thanks

Dave Chilson

The problem I would foresee in this would be the fact that 3 different vessels are now registered under one fee.

Lets say more than one of the buddies each fishes off their own vessel on the same day, is each vessel still eligible for an entry that day, even though only one was registered?

Oh Dave ???????????????

Tom

When you enter for the daily tournament you must enter the boat a registration number. If you fish from 3 boats all 3 boats need to entered seperatley. If you register one boat that will be the boat you fish for the 30 days of the derby to be eligable to win.

Any entries that are paid for will need to send an email with the boat registration numbers. The boat reg.# will need to be entered on the weigh in paper work as well. Any entries from this day forward will need to put their boat reg# on the entrance form.

The other senario is when the initial intent I believe was when you entered a boat is was suppose to be your boat. Somewhere there must be a list of all entries. When a fish is entered the person who entered their boat must be at the weigh in with his/her boat registration and another form of ID to be eligable.

Shade

Shade is hired. The boat is registered and you will be required to enter fish from that registered boat. Hence the name "LOC Boat Derby.

For instance if Jerry Felluca can't catch any fish on his boat and really wants to add to his long list of ESLO/LOC wins he CANNOT go to Gary Begy and beg him to take him out and enter them under the Rebel boat name. A: Gary would have to be registered and B: No way would Gary put "Rebel Charters" on anything. This is a hypothetical situation because it's been a while since I have seen Gary on the leaderboard.

All kidding aside, your "Team" needs to make a decision on what boat will be used and register that vessel.

For instance if Jerry Felluca can't catch any fish on his boat and really wants to add to his long list of ESLO/LOC wins he CANNOT go to Gary Begy and beg him to take him out and enter them under the Rebel boat name. A: Gary would have to be registered and B: No way would Gary put "Rebel Charters" on anything. This is a hypothetical situation because it's been a while since I have seen Gary on the leaderboard.

Thats the funniest thing ive heard all year.

I have received numerous calls and emails such as this one:

Dave,A lot of us LOTSA members that live in metro Buffalo area have problem with Olcott being nearest weigh station to Niagara bar. (name removed)

Not sure where or how this got started but let me set the record straight. Petroy Marine in Youngstown will be manned by a LOC representative for the spring LOC. I have a meeting next week and we are working on the Summer and Fall contests and will keep you all posted about the Petroy statis for the summer and fall events.

Wilson Boatyard (between Youngstown and Olcott) is a weigh in station for all three LOC derbies and the LOC Boat tournament and I just reconfirmed that on the phone.

Thanks

Shade is hired. The boat is registered and you will be required to enter fish from that registered boat. Hence the name "LOC Boat Derby.

All kidding aside, your "Team" needs to make a decision on what boat will be used and register that vessel.

That was good! Dave, you can count on The Yankee Troller Fishing Team to enter this derby!

• 2 weeks later...

Please answer my questions on LOC Boat Derby: senario follows....

I enter my boat registration / name for $300.

My buddy has his boat and enters his registration / name for $300.

We are both entered in the summer loc derby also because you need a witness to follow derby rules.

Fishing on my boat he catches a big brown trout that would qualify to win the (loc boat derby) daily prize - but he couldn't win because it was not caught on his registered boat?

If i am by myself i could enter a big brown and possibly win the Loc boat derby daily prize but not place it in the summer loc because i was fishing alone.

Does the owner of the registered boat have to reel the fish in on their own boat to win ?

If i had a non boat owner friend on my boat and we both are in the summer loc he catches a big fish of the day it could not be entered in the Loc Boat Derby because he reeled it in, correct?

Thank you.

No, from the way I understand it, the Boat derby is a boat ticket that covered any and everyone that happens to be fishing on your boat that day. If you have a boat ticket for your boat, everyone fishing on your boat is entered in the boat derby. If your buddy is fishing on your boat, you are both covered. If your buddy also has a boat ticket for HIS boat and you are both fishing on his boat, you are both covered by HIS boat ticket.

Tim

I agree with Tim. I also understand that the person who owns the boat takes the fish to be weighed. The daily winner is the name of the boat not the person who caught the fish.

Good luck to all,

Shade

Rob,

Tim and Shade are correct, the boat is registered and anyone on the boat can catch the fish. Whomever registered the boat will weigh the fish in and if that fish wins, the check will be issued to that person. The boat name will show up on the Winner's Board on the web site.

Thanks