LOC Derby $1200 per Day Boat Derby

i'm definately going to enter this one either way if it takes place but one question i have Dave is on you're first post is you state the reason for keeping the 600 # is no need for 1099's and taxes. i alway's thought that was the magic #. reading the latest derby gazette rule #21 states that all derby recipents are responsible for paying taxes on prizes 600 or more.. i'd hate to enter my boat and do all the splitsies to find out next yr. i only got to pay the taxes. could you please clarify since i plan on winning numerous times :)

LadyBlugill,

You are right, you would think after so many years of sending out 1099's I would have gotten that right. I'm officially old. I am required by law to report $600 or more to the IRS, thank you and I have changed the name to the LOC $1150 Per Day Boat Derby. $575 for Salmon, $575 for Trout.

Right now I have about 40 boats committed so it's looking good. Does anyone know how to change 25,000 papers that are all over the country?

thanks for clarifing that dave. like i said i would enter either way. i.m.o. dick shleyer and yourself have done more thru the eslo and loc derbies than anyone else out there to make the fishery what it is today and which many have benifeted from and enjoyed.i like the format and the added interest it could bring to the summer derby. thanks for your efforts and i hope it works out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, I have received enough email and verbal commitments along with actual checks and registrations for a go. For those who need an applicaiton there is one in the LOC newspaper and on the web site. Also when the Pro Am flyer comes out there is an application in there also. After the spring LOC we will have sign ups at the weigh stations. We will be listing the winners on the web site under the "Daily winners" heading on the leaderboard which in past years was not used during the Summer LOC. For those of you that have paid already, you will be receiving a card in the mail after the Spring LOC. Thanks and lets have a fun and SAFE Spring event.

Yes, before 7am the day you fish but it won't be available as an online sign up. It would make sense to register BEFORE the event starts on June 19th but you will be able to register after that date. If you want to use a credit card you MUST call the office. Please do not go to a weigh in station or registration outlet and try to use a credit card. Take a check and make it out to the LOC Derby. The best way is to just mail it in with your application so it arrives in time so that we can send out your card to you before the event.