Letter from DEC

Has Been

I recived a letter to me from DEC Section Head William Culligan

It Read:

Thank you for your inquiry about three rods......Commisioner Gratis asked me to reply.

DEC is NOT proposing a change to this reg . It has been suggested a number of times over the past several years,but Bureau of Fisheries staff HAVE NOT supported the idea . The reg is found in En Con law and would have to go thru leg to change .

Thank you for your intrest ...............Sincerly etc.

Have NOT supported idea. Lets not buck the Bureau of Fisheries boys.

It was a nice personally signed letter on NYS letterhead and all.

Sooooo, that would mean there are at least two pinheads in the State of NY.

Big Deal.

It will go thru legislation if there is enough people asking for it.

DEC has claimed a neutral position on this previously and I'm sure your post will get the troops inspired.

Glen

HB It's news to you!! there is always going to be someone that is lazy and doesn't want to do what he is elected to do. If there is enough interest and the petition is done right there is always a good shot at getting it past. You just hate when someone doesn't see it your way plain and simple. I have been fishing up there for over 27 years I have seen the ups and down of this fishery. It's people that are on this site that make the difference not the ones that whine all of the time about nothing. If it passes it passes if not o well we tried and didn't lay down and play dead like you want us to do 8)

about 7 or 8 years ago when my brother invented the tubeless mountian bike selfsealing system ,there was a flamer who knew little of what he was speeking but kept trying keep a flame towards the product,,,claiming it would never work but refused to try it to prove "his" point, Which thier was none,,well there were so many supporters it really ticked him off..his reactions were very simular to some ive seen on this topic,,,come to find out he was in his 30's living at home with his mom and his way of "getting attention"was to flame anything he could for that reason alone. regardless that there were 1000's trying this new product to further their passion for flat free mountian biking.. If my brother layed down for this pinhead looser his product would of not won some of the most prestigious awards around the world for changing the mountian bike industry,.... 1st 2nd 3 rd place in the olympic's on his wheel sets and tires was the results of trying something new(out of the box thinking) in his garage one day after getting a flat. I guess the simularity here is there are 1000,s who pay to support this fishery posably 10 of 1000,s who dont know that their is even a effort for this rule who would raise both hands in support,,.... Ive said it many times for me there are only 2 seasons not 4 per year 1 -hunting season,2- fishing season....needless to say i might have a circle of friends who share my compassion , I am shure if i made 100 calls and asked them 2 or 3 rods I know their answer,,i usually spend 100 plus days on the water per year and thats being a understatement so the last thing i want to do is decimate the lake of every fish....I have seen a hudge comeback of steelies sence the 1 per day rule on the streams ,i feel the same needs to be done on all streams in the state on all lakes for all spiecies ...as you know i could tell the facts of the things ive seen and done both hunting and fishing Im kinda one of those "see when you look " "hear when you listen","feel when you touch", and speek when you talk " ,kinda guys ,Ive learned some people will never see the forest through the trees,and life is too short to waste much time in one place . So it is with a heavy heart "has been" that i wont have time to try and teach you some common sence ..as the saying goes ya got it or you DONT.

The DEC says that it is not in support of the three rod idea. You have seen evidence of mortality rates of catch & release of salmon. ( I'm sure there are more out there) The lakes bait fish ratio is in serious limbo.Lots of invasives with new ones everyday. A battle to keep a balance ecosystem. Now we are pretty much saying that The DEC is a bunch of idiots and that a few fisherman that fish the lake are a better judge of the situation they reasearch all the time . So lets go to a polititian7 get what some w ant at any cost and screw what may or may not not be good for the fishery . Did anyone see what DNR said about the steelhead crash a few years back?I love it. The head of the DEC that gave you the great fishing you love so much is a pinhead. Great stuff.