So no work what else is a Man to do?

Mick

What else. Build an ice fishing sled.

1NaMqi.jpg

I had the barrel in the cellar, and all the wood and hardware were just hanging around. The runners are 1 old lawn chair repurposed, and are lighter than conduit, but the sled was able to haul both of my kids in different turns when they got of the bus today. It pulled easily on the snow we had left in the yard, and i can lift it up myself easily. The SLED actually turs into a wind break when turned on end, which was my main goal in the beggining of the project.

2RunJ.jpg

So for free I now have a cool ice fishing sled/windbreak :clap: I'm still contemplating about adding a flip over cover to be warm with the heater on the colder days, and will definately add some rod holders in the near future. I had to make it even more redneck since I live in Lyntucky with an old power cord as my pull/drag line.(with plug still attached :lol: ). I'm sure Ray would be proud.

Hopefully I'll get it out by Sunday. _

Awesome sled Mick. Along with the rod holders, you might want to add a holder for...lets say your beer!

I am not sure if you guys get this show in Rochester, but we (Buffalo) get a TV show on a Canadian channel called the Red Green show. During the show, he has a segment called the Handyman's corner. If we add a little duct tape to your sled, I can see this on his segment. :yes::)

--Joe

Nice sled. It is fun building ice fishin stuff. When i was younger my father and i build many different types of ice fishing sleds. Made the first one out of my old wooden toy box. We even built a collapsible shanty which i still have.

I miss the Red Green show. I'll have to Google that as see when it is on. - Yes to the duct tape. I have my 8 year old primed with that for a fix for everything.

the stablizer board will make a great transom for mounting a trollin motor come ice out and if you strip off the insulation from the extenson cord ya got a onboard copper rig ready to go..........Pat.# ooooo3333oooooo0U812 bobicesledtrolligboat w shower. darn their gotta be smartjuice in lyntucky water.

Thank's for the suggestions on how else to rig it up guys. :lol: Took it out on lake alice with my son this morning and it worked like a charm. Didn't catch anything but my son was ready to go home after an hour. Hope to give it a try again in the morning. - Mick

I used to haul more tonka trucks and toys than fishing equipment to keep my boys interested when they were younger. Kept them warm and interested during the slow times. I had my Budweiser to keep me entertained. Now they are drilling there own holes and setting up to find the fish themselves.